Sunday, November 28, 2010

Black Friday Crazies!!!!

“You must need some fun in your life!” – Michael Meurrier

These were Michael’s exact words when I told him that I was going shopping on black Friday for fun!  I really was looking for nothing in particular.  I wasn’t ready to put up my dukes and fight over the latest toy or gadget.  I just wanted to go with my friends and have a good time!  We ended up having a lot of fun, and we stayed up ALL night!  It might have been the first time in my life that I was awake for 24 straight hours!GEDC1804Time of Arrival – We arrived at WalMart at 11:14 for the sale that started at midnight.  Katie and I both wanted bikes, which we stood in line for only to not buy them!  GEDC1806Susan, Maggie and Me in the van before we went in.  Katie met us inside.GEDC1807Me and Mags standing in line for the bikes.  I have to say that WalMart has improved the mania that is black Friday, and from what I could tell, it was pretty organized…certain lines for each product.  For the electronics you stood in line to get a wristband to guarantee you would get the item you wanted then you came back later and picked it up.  I did hear that a fight broke out around the LeapFrog Leapsters, but I didn’t witness it!  And when the plastic came off of the huge bin of towels that were selling for $1.33, towels were flying through the air with some major velocity!GEDC1808Katie and I were the ultimate Black Friday goobers!!  Katie had these shirts made for us to wear and she gave me mine for my birthday.  I loved it!!  They said:

Coffee at 3 a.m. – $3.00

Pedicure for Aching Feet – $40

Christmas gift on a budget – Priceless

And on the back it said:

Black Friday 2010GEDC1812My loot!  Funny how you go not looking for anything in particular and walk away with a cart full!  I finished up my Christmas shopping though except for one or two things!GEDC1813Here we are at Huddle House at about 2:20 a.m. after we left WalMart.  Evidently Huddle House didn’t get the memo about Black Friday because they certainly weren’t prepared for virtually ever Black Friday shopper to come eat in the middle of the night!  We waited for awhile, and then Susan asked these two ladies if we could come sit with them!  Susan has no shame!GEDC1814Meet Lucy and her daughter in law, Beverly…complete strangers and our Huddle House tablemates!

Like I said, Huddle House was a little unprepared and slow so we ended up having to leave before anybody even came to get a drink order.  We wanted to get to Belk for their sale beginning at 4 am because the first 250 in the door got a gift card.  We got to Belk at about 3:15.  GEDC1818This was the entryway at Belk…just a little crowded! I guess there were a lot of people that wanted a gift card! Speaking of Susan having no shame….when we got to Belk, the entryway was already a little crowded and there was only one door open.  Of course, around that door, there were a lot of people, but on the other end of the entryway, there was plenty of room to stand.  It was COLD and RAINY outside, so we wanted to stand inside.  Well, Susan pokes her head in the door and says, or should I say shouts, “Could y’all please moved down so we can get in?  It’s cold out here!”  Well, people didn’t really move, so we just had to weasel our way down to the other end!  While we were walking down someone said, “Well, Mrs. Scrooge has arrived!” talking about Susan!  HA! GEDC1816Maggie, Mrs. Scrooge (oops, I mean, Susan) and Katie waiting at Belk.  It was safe to say that Katie was just a little worried about getting trampled when they opened the doors.  She couldn’t figure out how they were going to get everyone a gift card!  It all worked out!GEDC1817Maggie, Susan and me at BelkGEDC1821Huddle House take two!  Mags and Katie.

We went back to Huddle House around 5:15 after we left Belk.  It wasn’t quite as crowded, so we were able to get waited on.  It wasn’t the best meal I’ve ever had, but it was pretty good considering we were pretty hungry by this point!GEDC1822Susan and meGEDC1824My van was just a wee bit crowded by this point!GEDC1826After eating at Huddle House, the sun started coming up and we headed to the Square to hit one last store before we called it a day.  We went to Lulu’s because they were giving away $10 gift cards to the first customers.  We got there in plenty of time so we sat in the van to keep warm…which ended up being a mistake.  Why, you ask????GEDC1828Because when we got ready to leave, I figured out that I had locked my keys in the van.  While we were waiting before going in, I was enjoying the warm goodness of the van so much that when we saw people start forming a line at Lulu’s I got so excited, I just jumped out and lock my keys in the van…in the ignition, no less!  Of course, at this point in the day, we just had to laugh!  Thank the good Lord, Susan knows just about everybody in town so she called the Sheriff’s Dept. and a deputy came and was able to unlock the van….Praise the LORD!!  I sent Michael a text to tell him I had locked the keys in the van, and he sent one back that said, “Just another memory for the FUN day you needed!”  Thanks, babe!GEDC1829We got back home at 8:06 a.m.  We were definitely exhausted!  I was able to sleep for a few hours during the day, and I probably slept the hardest I have ever slept on Friday night!

At least I have a year to recover before the next Black Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Y'all are CRAZY!!! Why in the world was HH not prepared????