Tuesday, July 13, 2010

She's Three Today...

1

2



3



WOW!! I can't believe Myla is three years old today. I'm not normally the one to get emotional and sappy about my children getting older, but this birthday is doing a number on me. Maybe it's because Myla is in New Orleans with Mom and Frank and I'm not getting to see her on her actual birthday. I think it's just that I am realizing that she is really growing up. She's simply getting older. I can have a full fledged conversation with her and really have been able to for awhile now. She is so independent and can do most things for herself on her own. I know as a mother that is what I try to teach her to do, but it is so bittersweet to watch all the changes take place. I hear her say her prayers at night and just think back to when Michael and I would pray with her at night and sing "Jesus Loves Me" and she couldn't even speak a word yet. Now, she is lifting her own, precious prayers and songs to Jesus. She is such a joy to be around. Myla is ALL GIRL...she loves all things pink and princess. She loves to dress up pretty much everyday. She loves jewelry and shoes, and ALWAYS wants to put on other people's shoes when she is around them....especially flip flops. She loves movies, in fact, she thanks God for them when she prays (which may be problem!). Right now she loves Aladdin, The Lion King and The Velveteen Rabbit. Her favorite book at the moment is Snow White, and she loves to pretend that she is Snow White and/or The Wicked Queen and reenact the story. I know I'm biased, but she is so smart! She has an incredible memory and will remember things that happened months ago that we have not even talked about again. She loves to GO! Every night while putting her to bed, she asks, "Mommy, where are we gonna go?". Meaning, what are we going to do the next day? She loves going to church and Sunday School to see her friends. She can pretty much tell us each Sunday exactly what the lesson was on. Speaking of, she loves reading her Bible stories at night too, and, once again, can remember all of them! She's so mannerable and kind spirited, and I hope and pray she stays that way. Yes, there are days that she can drive me to my wits end, but simply put, she is the JOY of my life. I love that little blonde haired, blue eyed girl more than she will ever know. I can't imagine my life without her...one week away from her is going to be long enough for me. I am so ready to have her home again. She just brings life, excitement, laughter and so many things into our home.



Happy Birthday, Myla! Mommy and Daddy LOVE you so much!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Myla!! I NEVER thought I'd say this, but I really think she may be starting to look a little like you! She is adorable and I love keeping up with y'all on the blog.

Studio2812 said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Myla!

The Vaughns said...

Happy Birthday, Myla! I feel the same way about 3--our babies are no longer babies

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

Happy Birthday sweet Mylarelli! Hard to believe 3 years ago we started this journey of girls on the street, and now there are 4 of you! Can't wait to watch you grow up and love you very much!!!