Saturday, December 6, 2008

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy for my Tummy, Tummy, Tummy...

Another thing that I picked up on my visit from Tamah was a recipe for homemade granola. It is delicious, and I think would made a great holiday happy for teachers, neighbors, etc. It makes a lot. I had 4 big cookie sheets full. Here is the recipe. Let me know if you try it!
Homemade Granola:
10 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups grapenuts
2 cups wheat bran
2 cups wheat germ
2 cups coconut
2 cups chopped pecans
1 cup ground flax seed
1 tbls. cinnamon
1 tbls. vanilla
2 cups honey
1 1/2 cups oil
Mix dry ingredients well. In separate bowl mix honey, oil and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until your arm feels like it is going to fall off! Seriously though, make sure that it is mixed really well. Put on cookie sheets and bake on 325 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. It will still feel soft but will harden as it cools. Let it cool COMPLETELY before you take it off cookie sheet. I actually set mine outside to cool so it would cool faster. When cooled break up and store.
It is so good in yogurt or you can eat it like cereal. I personally like it just plain, and I will say that it has been addictive! Hey, at least it is healthy. Hope you will try it!

No comments: