Monday, December 1, 2008

Playing Catch Up.....

WOW!! I am so far behind on blogging! Michael told me yesterday that I needed to update the blog because it had been a whole week!! So, here goes...lots to catch up on.
-------------------------------------------------
Thanksgiving
Let me begin by saying, I did terrible, let me repeat, t.e.r.r.i.b.l.e., job of taking pictures over Thanksgiving. Yes, me, the person who always has the camera ready to snap any shot I can get. Oh well, I guess life has gotten busier chasing a 16 month old that I usually say, "Oh, where's my camera?" And by that time, the moment has passes without being documented! Here are the few that I did get.
Sis Sis let Myla put on her "lipstick" i.e. chapstick. Myla became quite obsessed with it and basically proceeded to eat the chapstick. She smelled like she has eaten a peppermint, so at least she had good breath!
"Man, this chapstick tastes good. You should try some, Mimi."
This was on Thanksgiving Day. Sis Sis' neighbors have young children, so they have all kinds of outdoor play things. We put Myla on the trampoline, and wouldn't you know, the fearless little monkey loved it! She ran and fell and jumped and laughed. She had so much fun and did a good job of getting the knees of her tights black!
"Hey, Mama, you know I usally get in trouble for jumping on things like this. When I do this on the bed, you make me stop, but I won't say anything if you don't!"
Sweet, little mischevious thing!
"Hey Bodie, you and Mimi need to come try out this trampoline thing...it is loads of fun!"
See that's it...all the pictures. Believe it or not we saw tons of family that would have made for great photo ops, but too late now. We even went to the Egg Bowl, sans Myla, and I don't even have a picture to document the awesome, massacre of a game that happened. Go Rebels! I will try to be a better photographer at Christmas!
-----------------------------------------------
It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas
I have been so ready to put Myla in some of her winter/Christmas clothes that I have gotten her! I finally put her in them this past weekend. She will hopefully look festive in all her new duds! Myla playing in the flower beds. This outfit didn't last long once she fell in the wet mud, but it was cute while it lasted!
"See ya, Mama! I'm on the move!"
Sunday before church I attempted to get some pictures in front of the Christmas tree. You know how easy that is!!! Here are the few that I got.
"Hey, Mama, did you say these ornaments are expensive and that I don't need to break them?"
Look of wonder! I don't know what she was looking at, but I love her expression.
Sweet Love Bug.
Big girl sitting at the table before we ate lunch. She really likes to sit in the big chairs when she can, but she still eats in her highchair.
-------------------------------------------------
Art With Santa
Tonight one of the local churches hosted "Art with Santa". It was a great activity for toddlers. They made crafts and got to see Santa.
As you can see, Myla obviously has a grand fondness for the old fellow! Maybe we will do better with Santa next year, but as for this year, she was having nothing to do with him. I didn't push it...I don't want to traumatize her for life!
This was before we left home...yet another attempt to get a good picture in front of the tree. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but I will take it!
Candy canes were a big hit tonight! I was a little nervous about giving it to her, but she actually did really well with it. She bit if off a little at a time and made a big mess in the meantime!
"I'm happy as long as you don't try to put me by the bearded man in the red suit again!"
Myla and Phillip giving each other love!
Still munching on the candy cane! She only had one and a half, so don't give me too hard of a time!
"Man, these things are good, but really sticky!"
Good thing Santa knows the truth!!! On the way home finishing up her candy cane!
-----------------------------------------------------
Meurrier Beauty Salon
I am still in shock that Myla will let me do this, but she loves to get her hair blow-dried. My mom dried her hair when she stayed with her last week because their house is so cold she didn't want her to go to bed with wet hair. She said that she just sat in her lap and let her do it, so we have been doing it every night since. She loves it! It actually makes her hair look so much better and healthier.
"Mama, make sure you get it all the way dry!"
I still can't believe my eyes...that she is sitting still and letting me do this!
Almost done!
-----------------------------------------------------

I guess you could say that all in all......

3 comments:

The Vaughns said...

Myla looks like such a big girl sitting at the table! She's so cute!

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

What a sweet post! She is so cute! And growing WAY too fast!

Amanda said...

Thanks for the update. You didn't mention what y'all did for your b-day! I hate that we missed y'all over Thanksgiving- maybe Christmas