Saturday, January 8, 2011

Tan Man…

MYLA%20169[1]

Today was a bittersweet day in our home.  We sent Tanner to a new home…a wonderful, loving home that was very ready to receive him.  We love Tanner very much, but his biggest downfall is that he still has accidents in the house.  Dealing with that as well as two kids and another dog began to wear on me.  We were very lucky to find a family that was very excited about taking Tanner.  They recently had their 16 year old long haired daschund (which had an uncanny resemblance to Tanner) put to sleep.  I think Tanner will be SO happy there and get a lot more of attention, but I can’t say I didn’t shed a lot of tears when I drove away without him.  The family has promised to keep us updated with how he is doing, so that is good.  I just wanted to document this since Tanner has been a part of our family for over 4 years.

No comments: