Tuesday, January 4, 2011

10 Months….

Selah is 10 months old today!!!!  I took her pictures tonight after her bath because I wanted to do them in these pajamas that Sae Sae got her for Christmas.  They are SO cute! 

Wow!  Where do I start??  This month has been full of changes!  More changes than any other month of her life, for sure!  It’s crazy to me how they go from being so “babyish” to seeming so big overnight!  It is no secret that I am not a huge fan of the “newborn” stage.  Although this age is busy, I love it so much more than those first couple of months.  She is beginning to be so much more interactive which is so much fun.  Although she’s always been a part of our family, now it is like she is participating in everyday life with us.  Does that make sense?  She notices everything and is very aware of what is going on around her.  She especially notices when Myla or I leave the room, which usually results in some cries!!!!

Dear Selah,

Today, you are 10 months old!!!  I can’t believe that I only have two more monthly posts to do until you are 1!  Where has the time gone, sweet girl?  You have had a big month with lots of changes.  You also got to celebrate your first Christmas, which you enjoyed, and everyone enjoyed your being there as well.  You add so much joy and laughter to our family.  I can hardly remember what it was like before you were here!

GEDC1774

This month you dropped your short cat nap that you were taking in the evenings.  You got to where you didn’t want to fall asleep…you wanted to be playing with us!  The first couple of days without it were kind of LONG, but you now do great!  You love to play with Daddy and Myla during this time since you have been with boring old mom all day! 

GEDC1777

Your “tricks” that you like to do are pat-a-cake, waving bye bye and giving “5”.  We were looking back at videos of Myla when she was your age and realized that we had taught her how to give us “5” by now, so we knew we had to teach you!  Daddy taught you one night, and now you will do it when we ask.  You will usually wave bye bye when we ask you to, and you will sometimes even say it (bye bye).  You have the sweetest, softest little voice.  You are constantly “talking”, and you still like to hear yourself so you get pretty loud!  You have also started giving kisses.  When we ask for a kiss, you will lean your head into us.  It seriously melts my heart every time.  You especially do this to me in the mornings right when I get you out of your bed.  I usually don’t ask, you will just lean into my face with your mouth wide open.  It makes me smile everytime!

GEDC1778

You are also now an official crawler!  You have gotten really good at it over the past week, and it is now your primary form of moving.  You hardly even roll anymore, which is kind of sad to me since that is how you have gotten around for so long!  You love to be on the move.  Whenever Myla leaves the room, you are fast on her heels trying to follow her wherever she is going!  You also LOVE to play with whatever toy she has because everyone knows that whatever somebody else has is always better than what you have!  Thankfully, you have a VERY sweet big sister that is usually happy to share what she has at the time.

GEDC1781

This is our most common view of you…pulling up on whatever you can get too.  You LOVE to be standing up and have now started cruising from one piece of furniture to another if they are really close together.  Doing this has also resulted in some lovely bumps and bruises on your head and backside!!  You still fall quite a bit but you are so much more steady than you were even a week ago.

GEDC1782

Your biggest change this month, besides crawling, is that you are completely on table food.  Overnight one day you were NO longer interested in eating from a spoon, so I thought I would just try table food, and you LOVED it and haven’t looked back.  You have eaten EVERYTHING I have given you.  I’m so thrilled about this because Myla was, and still is, a very picky eater.  You have had bananas, peaches, mandarin oranges (your favorite), grilled cheese, chicken nuggets, sweet peas, green beans, carrots, macaroni & cheese, red beans & rice, hamburger, and cereal bar.  I’m sure there are more things, but that is all I can think of right now.  I’m just so thankful you have adjusted to this so easily!

GEDC1785

You still go to bed at 7:00 pm wake up around 7:15 to 7:30 each morning.  You wake up so happy!  When I come in to get you, you start flapping your arms and kicking your legs and smiling from ear to ear!  The first thing we do each morning is take your Prevacid.  We changed you to this last month after you had been on Zantac for so long.  Dr. Molly thought that you might be “tapped out” on Zantac since you were at the highest dose you could have and you were still having lots of reflux symptoms.  The Prevacid has been a great change!  You seem to be symptom free, and I am SO thankful.  Month before last was a rough month before we switched the meds!  I’m so glad you are feeling better!

GEDC1786

You still take 2 naps a day although you have shortened your morning nap to about 45 minutes or an hour.  You generally sleep about 2 hours in the afternoon, and you sleep at the same time as Myla, which is really nice for Mommy!  :) Every time I put you to bed, either for a nap or at night, I give you your pacifier and blanket, hold you tight, and sing “You are My Sunshine”.  You snuggle your head into my neck for the whole song.  I cherish that so much because you are not really a snuggler any other time.  The funny thing is that as soon as I stop singing, you quit snuggling.  You lift your head and look at me with the sweetest smile, though!

GEDC1788

You’ve never been much of a “laugher”, but you have started laughing all the time now.  More like squealing, and I love it!!  You especially do this when Myla is doing something funny.  You also laugh really hard when daddy swings you through the air, like he is doing above!  It is one of your favorite things to do.  I almost forgot to mention that you got your 2 top teeth this month!  For some reason your sister thinks that teeth have some association with talking!  Today she saw your top 2 teeth for the first time, and she looked at me and said, “Mommy, she got 2 new teeth.  Now she can finally start talking.”  I’m not sure where she got that from, but it was funny, nonetheless!

Fit!!

Another thing you have “learned” to do is throw a fit!!  If you don’t believe me, I will show you this video when you get older!  You like to get your way, and you don’t like anything taken away from you!  I’m afraid you are going to be a little spitfire, for sure!!!!!!!!

I have loved watching your little personality develop over the last several weeks and months.  You are one loved little girl, no doubt.  I cannot imagine my life or our family without you!  I love you so much!

No comments: