Sunday, January 11, 2009

Death of a Very Dear Friend...

It is with shock and through tears that I type this post. Today my mom's very best friend, Lynn McCullar, suddenly and unexpectedly passed away. When my mom called to tell me this morning, I simply could not believe it. My mom and Lynn have known each other since 1965, and my mom says that she cannot remember a day since they met that they have not talked in person or on the phone. I am simply heartbroken for my mom to be experiencing a loss this profound. It would be no different than if she had lost a blood related sister. Lynn and my mom have been through so much together...birth of children, moves, divorces, loss of parents...all of the huge changes that people experience in life.
Not only was Lynn dear to my mom, but she was also dear to me. She always said that I was the daughter that she never had. She was there for everything I ever did from kindergarten graduation, homecomings, beauty pageants, birthday parties (she once was a substitute for my mom at my 6th birthday party when my mom was ill with the flu!), boyfriends, break-ups, engagement, wedding planning and decorating, house decorating and most recently the birth of Myla.
Please pray for my mom and Lynn's son, Tripp. We will all miss her dearly. She was loved by so many for her generosity and kindness.

No comments: