Well, after several weeks on hiatus, here is my Ten on Tuesday list…
1. We have gone to the movies the past 3 Tuesdays. Selah loved it the first week. The second week she did ok. But, I think it is safe to say that after today’s movie, the newness has worn off. She was up and down out of her seat more times that I could count. I finally dug around in my purse until I scrounged up $4 to buy her a bag of Starburst. That kept her entertained for awhile, but not quite until the movie was completely over. Oh well…it was fun while it lasted.
2. Speaking of the movies, today we saw Shrek. I was a little surprised by some of the language and innuendos in it. I know most kid movies have some adult humor, but I don’t think we’ll be watching Shrek again. I know…call me old fashioned.
3. Speaking of old fashioned, I have made the decision to homeschool Myla next year. I am very excited about it (and so is she)! I would encourage you, if you are a Christian parent, to watch the IndoctriNation Movie. A friend let me borrow it, and I’m so glad she did. (I now have a copy of my own if you would like to borrow it) It is an honest look into our nation’s public schools. It is very sobering and scary. I do not judge anyone who has their children in public school, but I know that I am not ok with sending mine at this point. I know we are going to be questioned and talked about and maybe even laughed at, but I’m okay with that. I know that we are considered weird sometimes.
4. In fact, I think I am going to do a blog post titled, “We’re Weird, and We’re Okay With That”. It’s been swirling around in my head today. I need to get on that.
5. Myla has quit taking naps, but today, she had to take one. Everyone in our house has had the “grumpies” today so I’m hoping a good nap will help with that.
6. The girls have LOVED the pool this summer, which is a welcome change from last summer. Selah hated everything about the pool last year, so we really didn’t go at all. This year, she is perfectly content just playing on the steps, which is fine with me! Myla loves to be in the water but hasn’t totally mastered swimming yet. She doesn’t mind going under, in fact, she can stay under for longer than I thought she could, but she must can’t get the mechanics right. I’m just thankful they are enjoying it because it is about all we can do outside…..it is so HOT!
7. Last week we had the best vegetables every night with supper. A couple from our church lives right down the road from us, and they have a huge garden. They were so generous!
8. I have a great desire to get organized in my life, and Pinterest is helping me get some great ideas. Now, just to follow through with them. I do have the things to make a family binder with calendars, reminders and important documents. I can’t wait to make it (and hopefully use it) ha!
9. My mom is having surgery in the morning. She fell several weeks ago and fractured her shoulder, tore her rotator cuff and tore her labrum. It is going to be an hard surgery and recovery. I feel so sorry for her. If you think about it in the morning, please say a prayer that God would guide the doctor’s hands, and she would have an easy as possible recovery and rehab.
10. I’m really glad that I like the Bible School songs from this year because I have heard them about 1,000 times! We listen to them every time we are in the van, and sometimes we have to bring them inside to listen to them!