Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father’s Day 2012…

We had a great weekend celebrating Father’s Day! I am so, so thankful for my “Deddy”, my step dad, Frank, my father-in-law, Mr. Joe, and especially for Michael, who is an amazing father to our girls!

DSCN6634

On Friday I took the girl’s to the Dollar Tree and told them they could pick out one thing for Michael.  I’m really not that cheap, I just knew if I didn’t limit it to one thing, we would come home with tons of junk!  Anyway, Myla picked out a pedometer, after I explained to her what it was.  She just saw it hanging up on a display and asked what it was.  When I told her, she said, “That’s it.  That’s what I want to get Daddy!”  She was SO proud of it, and was so ready for him to open it that she begged him to do it on Friday night.  I love her face in the above picture.  Her excitement is palpable.

DSCN6635

So proud of her gift!!

DSCN6636

While Michael was opening Myla’s gift, we turned around and noticed that Selah had taken the opportunity to go ahead and open her gift to Daddy for him.  I don’t think she ever got the concept that the gift was for Daddy and not her! (Ignore the piles of towels…it was laundry day!!)

DSCN6637

What is it, you ask?  A pink cupcake, squeaky dog toy!  Daddy LOVED it!!  Ha!

DSCN6639

Daddy with his girls and their gifts!

DSCN6641

Well, Myla wanted to put the pedometer to the test, so she pranced around the house for a long time before logging several hundred steps.  Ha!!

DSCN6642

Still walking…

DSCN6626

This year for gifts, we went the homemade route, as usual.  We did the above pictures for the granddads and one for Daddy, of course!

DSCN6632

For Daddy, we made this!  It was a spinoff of something I saw on Pinterest.  Michael loves this verse out of Micah, so I thought it would be good.  The girls loved doing their handprints and footprints, and I thought they turned out cute. Now, I’ve just got to find a place to hang them in our house! 

DSCN6686

Myla tried her best to get Daddy to open this gift on Friday night too, but Daddy said he wanted something to open on Father’s Day!  I forgot to get a picture of the girls dressed for church with Michael…oh well!  One in their pj’s will have to do!

DSCN6688

Happy Father’s Day, Daddy!

DSCN6645

Back up to Saturday…the Meurriers were gracious enough to host everyone for Father’s Day!  We were so excited to see Aunt Mary, Uncle Spencer and “Baby” Luke, as Selah calls him, even though he’s not a baby anymore!

DSCN6648

To say Selah was obsessed with Luke would be an understatement!  She followed him around ALL day hugging and kissing him, trying to give him his pacifier, giving him toys, etc.  Bless his heart…he was a trooper.  She was SO sweet and gentle to him which encouraged me for when the new baby comes.  She is normally very jealous acting around other kids when I’m around, but she had a ball with Luke!

DSCN6650

All of the Meurrier’s grandchildren!

DSCN6651

I love this picture!

DSCN6654

Luke’s face cracks me up…he is like, “Would you mind taking these crazy girls away for a moment…I need some space!!”  I know how you feel Luke!

DSCN6656

Bodie opening his picture.

DSCN6660

And Granddaddy!  I think they really liked them!

DSCN6664

CHAOS!!  Can you tell the girls wanted their hands on Luke at all times!!!  Poor kid!

DSCN6666

Later in the afternoon, Myla wanted to “put on a show” with the VBS songs.  Of course, Selah participated too!

DSCN6677

Luke turns ONE tomorrow, but since we knew we wouldn’t see him on his birthday, we took his present on Saturday!  He was excited to get some dump trucks!

DSCN6685

Granddaddy and Sae Sae with their babes!!

No comments: