Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hot Springs Vacation, 3rd and Final Part…

On Wednesday of our trip, we decided to visit the Hot Springs Alligator Farm and Petting Zoo.  It was a little rickety, but the kids LOVED it!

DSCN6328

First we visited the petting zoo part where they had goats, deer and donkeys.

DSCN6333

I just thought this picture was funny!  He’s like, “What’s with the camera…I need some bread, please!”

DSCN6340

Here come the girls to pet the goats!!

DSCN6346

I think Selah made an effort to pet every.single.goat they had.  She LOVES animals.

DSCN6347

Myla petted a few too!

DSCN6354

I didn’t get a picture of it, but she would lean down and hug them as well!

DSCN6356

This goat was trying to eat Bodie’s shorts!

DSCN6357

Petting the baby goats.  They were SO little and cute!

DSCN6359

After the petting zoo, we went inside to look at some little alligators.  Henry petted one of the little ones!

DSCN6361

Selah hopped right up to pet it too!

DSCN6362

Then she declared, “I wanna get in der wif dem!”  Not a good idea, baby girl!

DSCN6366

Checking out the alligators that were 3 to 6 years old.

DSCN6372

Then we headed outside to see the big gators!  They were everywhere!

DSCN6379

This alligator started hissing at my mom because she was standing right by the fence kind of kicking the rocks.  Scary!

DSCN6389

Next we went to the observation tower that stands high on a mountain over Hot Springs.  I love this picture of Henry and Myla that I got at the top of it!

DSCN6394

All I have to say,  it thank goodness the elevator was working…I don’t think I would have taken the stairs!

DSCN6420

Finally on Friday we headed to Magic Springs amusement park.  It was the perfect day to go!  It was 75 degrees all day, and it was not crowded at all.  Hands down my best experience at an amusement park.  I told my mom, I would take a day like that at Magic Springs any day over a blazing hot, crowded day at Disney.  Ha!

DSCN6422

We rented this wagon for Selah…but it ended up that the big kids wanted in it more than her.

DSCN6426

Henry and Myla on the bumper cars.  They started off like this, but Henry couldn’t quite get driving down, so they stopped it so I could get in with him and Frank got in with Myla.  They loved bumping into each other!

DSCN6440

There was a great kiddie section ride.  The kids loved it, especially Selah.  She was up for any and every ride.

DSCN6448

Flying in the bumblebees!

DSCN6436

Myla and Henry on the hot air balloon ride.  I rode with Selah and tried to keep our cart from spinning around while we were going up and down, but one time I let it spin, and she said, “Whoa!!  That was fun!”

DSCN6452

Me and Selah on the ferris wheel!

DSCN6465

Henry and Selah rode this “free fall” ride.  It didn’t go fast, but it did go fairly high.  Selah just sat there talking to herself the whole time and clapped.

DSCN6469

Picture of them up top.

DSCN6482

Myla and Henry loved riding the old fashioned cars.

DSCN6493

A unique thing about Magic Springs is that it is connected to a water park, Crystal Falls.  You can just change into your bathing suit and go swimming!

DSCN6490

They had a good time but didn’t last long because when the sun went behind a cloud, it was COLD!

DSCN6500

On Saturday, we headed home!  Myla made it all the way to Senatobia (25 miles before home) before she finally fell asleep!

We had such a GREAT time on vacation!!  Mimi and Bodie always make it fun for us!

No comments: