Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ten on Tuesday…

1.  Since I started out last Tuesday saying how much I hated hot weather, I thought I should follow up by saying how thankful I have been for the little cool front that moved through at the end of last week.  It was a very nice reprieve!

2.  I picked up my new pillows last week that I had had made.  I love how they turned out!!  It helps so much to finally have some color to add to our den/kitchen!  Now, the next room is our bedroom!  We completely rearranged our bedroom as well as our den, and we like it SO much better!!! 

DSCN5919

They are obviously not all on one couch, but I just wanted to get a picture of them all together.

DSCN5920

I love the cording around around the edges!  If you need someone in Oxford to make pillows or re-upholster furniture, let me know!  These people are extremely reasonable!!!

3.  On another decorating note, I was so excited to find an old church pew for cheap at a resale shop in New Albany.  I wanted one to put on the wall in our kitchen.  It fits perfectly, and we moved our couch into our den!

DSCN5989

It is 10 1/2 feet long, so the poor pillows look a little lost on there.  I’m going to get a few more covered to add to them.  Now, I’ve got to find something to go over it.  I really want to have 3 big, wood frames over it, but unfortunately, those aren’t in my budget!!  I wish they weren’t so expensive!!!!!!!

4.  The girls are still loving their Jeep.  I bet it has made 100 trips around our backyard!  Selah has started to want to drive it, which has led to some all out fights and breakdowns.  Needless to say, the Jeep is currently in the shed until further notice.  Ha!

DSCN6040

5.  We are planting a small garden this evening when Michael gets home from work.  We’ll see how it goes.  I hope we can keep everything alive and eat some things that we grew ourselves!!

6.  My mom gave us an exciting night last night.  She fell at school yesterday and hurt her wrist and knee.  After being in the ER for FOUR hours, they told her nothing was broken and she was free to go.  They put an ace bandage on it, and we left.  Well, thankfully, we have a connection with an orthopedic surgeon, and he looked at her xray this morning, and it is fractured and there is a separation in the joint at her wrist.  Good thing we went to the ER.  Ha.  Hopefully she will heal up quickly and be back to normal in no time.

7.  The girls and I went to the church this morning to meet some friends to work on VBS craft stuff.  The kids had a good time, and it got me excited for VBS to get here.  I hope the kids have a good time with the crafts.  I tried to think them through and get things they would enjoy doing!

8.  I got some sunflowers at the farmer’s market last weekend, and I love looking at them!  They just make me happy!  I love having fresh flowers in my house, but it is something I rarely do!

9.  Before I went to the farmer’s market, I went to some yard sales.  I got some pillow forms exactly like the ones I just paid $8 for for $1.50!  I was excited about that. And I also got Michael a leaf blower for $4, and it works great!!  Woo hoo!  I LOVE yard sales!!!!!

10.  We are going to the zoo in Memphis on Friday, and I can’t wait!  Selah is super excited since she was only 6 months old last time we went and she doesn’t remember anything.  She tells me over and over what all we are going to see then she proceeds to make the animal sound that matches the animal she says we are going to see.  So sweet!!!

Happy Tuesday, everyone!!!

No comments: