Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother’s Day 2012…

 

WOW!  My heart was so full yesterday on Mother’s Day!  We had such a wonderful day.  My mom took the girls home with her on Friday night and ended up keeping them on Saturday night too.  Michael and I had a very productive weekend working around the house, and I prepared lunch for everyone coming to our house on Sunday.  BUT, the house was VERY quiet without our two sweet girls here.  I was so excited to see them on Sunday morning as the ran into the church saying “Happy Mother’s Day” and giving me big hugs in their pj’s before we changed them into their church clothes.  Oh, how I love those girls, and I feel so privileged to be their mama.  We heard an extremely powerful and convicting message from Bro. Eric, who never sugarcoats anything, but simply preaches the truth.  Us moms have a BIG job, and although I struggle everyday trying to figure it all out, I’m so thankful to be a MOM!! 

DSCN6011

I was so excited about having our families at our house for lunch.  I haven’t cooked a lunch that big in awhile, but I had so much fun doing it! 

DSCN5996

Me with the girls that make me a Mommy!  What a huge responsibility I have in raising them.  I’m thankful for the opportunity to be with the everyday!  I’m hoping and praying that next year, there will be 3 little ones in this picture!

DSCN5993

Michael and his mom!  I also couldn’t be more thankful to have Mrs. Sandy as a mother-in-law!  She is precious and has always treated me just like a daughter!

DSCN5994

Me and my Mom.  I cannot tell you how thankful I am for her.  I couldn’t “do” life without her.  She is so sacrificial and selfless.

DSCN6046

Me and Peyton with mom

DSCN6002

3 generations

DSCN6003

4 generations

DSCN6008

Mimi with her girls – she had to be worn out after having kept them ALL weekend!!

DSCN6005

Sae Sae and the girls!

DSCN6010

At each place at the table, I had a pair of salt and pepper shakers that belonged to Michael’s grandmother.  I wanted a special way to remember her!  She collected salt and pepper shakers and had hundreds!!!

DSCN6014

I was so excited for Mom and Mrs. Sandy to open their gifts.  My very talented, friend, Jaime made these adorable hand towels with a picture of the girls on them.  SO cute!

DSCN6015

Mrs. Sandy loved hers too!

DSCN6016

Then, we gave both moms lockets with their grandbabies pictures in them.  They loved them!  I wish I had gotten a close up picture of them!

DSCN6018

After lunch, we surprised the girls with a Barbie Jeep. I had gotten it several months ago at Goodwill and had planned to give it to them for Christmas, but I thought they would really enjoy playing with it this summer, so we gave it to them early.  That was one of Michael’s jobs on Saturday…putting it together!  The girls were SO excited!  Myla is actually really good at driving it.

girls in jeep

Out on a drive!!

DSCN6039

Selah loves being a passenger.  I hope she doesn’t want to be the driver soon…we will have some problems!  Ha!

DSCN6040

I hope they will have lots of fun on this during the summer!!

I hope all of you had a wonderful Mother’s Day!

Oh, I wanted to share about my gift from Michael. I love going to plays, so he gave me tickets for us to see The Sound of Music this summer at the Ford Center!  I can’t wait!!!  And, let me just say, I am so thankful for Michael.  I couldn’t be the mother I am without all of his help! 

No comments: