Friday, March 2, 2012

I Love It When God Does This…

DSCN5059

I posted a picture of this canvas that I had painted yesterday afternoon on here, but I didn’t really talk about it much. I didn’t think there was much to talk about, but now, after our service last night at church, I feel like there is!  I had the background to this canvas finished several days ago, but every time I went to paint a verse on it, I could not figure out what verse I wanted to use.  When I put the girls down yesterday afternoon for their naps, I was determined to finish this canvas. I sat down and prayed about what verse God would want me to use.  I can’t say that I have ever prayed about what to paint on a canvas, but that is what I felt led to do.  I even sent a text to my friend to see if she had any suggestions.  She sent back a verse she thought would be good, but I just didn’t feel like it was the right one…although it was a good one.  Honestly, as silly as it sounds, I wrestled and fretted about what verse I should use.  Finally, I felt like God called me to Matthew 5.  I immediately knew verse 16 was the one I wanted to use.  I knew I wanted it to be a verse we could apply everyday after we would look at it before we walked out of the door.  So, I went to work and painted the verse.  Then, after that I felt the need to blog about it and put it on Facebook.  I normally don’t put stuff like that on Facebook, but I felt a strong urging to do it.  I did not want it to be for glory, but for God’s.  I ate supper and headed to church, not thinking much more about the canvas.  After I sat down in my seat, I looked up to the screens at the front of the church, and it said “SHINE” and had Matt. 5 written under it.  My heart stopped…God had spoken to me.  He confirmed it right then and there.  The service started and the entire message was on being the light of the world…letting our light shine.  I sat in tears as I thought about how good our God is.  It made me realize how much He loves us and cares for us and answers our prayers…even when we think they are about something insignificant.  I knew that He wanted to the glory for that answered prayer…hence the reason I feel like I was urged to put it on Facebook and the blog.  Anyway, I don’t know why I’m surprised when God does this…speaks to us and confirms himself, but I’m so glad he does!!

No comments: