Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Catching Up: Part 3…

Saturday was a busy, fun-filled day in Tupelo again!  We headed over to swim, eat and celebrate Myla and George’s birthdays.  The both have July birthdays, so it is fun to celebrate them together with family. 

DSCN2573

When we got to Aunt Be and Uncle Doc’s house, Selah immediately took to Uncle Doc.  She went right up to him, held her arms up and stayed in his lap for a long time.  This is so rare!  She rarely goes to anybody!  I told Uncle Doc he must be something special!

DSCN2578

After swimming practically all day, we finally took a minute to celebrate the birthdays!  Here is George and Myla’s yummy cake!

DSCN2579

Myla was so excited about her cake!

DSCN2580

Here are the birthday buddies!

DSCN2581

Sis Sis and Michael took it all in from the porch

DSCN2583

Singing “Happy Birthday” and blowing out their candles

DSCN2585

George waiting for his piece of cake…

DSCN2590

…can you tell he really enjoyed it!

DSCN2596

After cake and ice cream, it was time to open presents.  Myla has really gotten into the movie “Annie” lately. I loved this movie growing up, so it is funny to see her enjoying something that I used to enjoy so much!

DSCN2600

Aunt Be gave Myla this “wedding dress” to play dress up in.  Myla loved it!

DSCN2603

After opening presents we came inside to cool off!  It was HOT outside!  Myla and Chelsea snuggled for a little while.

DSCN2604

Then I got a hug from my sweet girl!

DSCN2605

Olivia and Rich

DSCN2606

This picture is so funny to me.  George is puckered up ready to give Selah a kiss, and she doesn’t look the least bit interested!

DSCN2607

Selah found a good place to snuggle on Pey Pey.  She LOVES Peyton!  He is one of the few people she will willingly go to.

DSCN2611

It was quite comical trying to get a picture of the 4 kids together.  This was the best one I got…3 out of 4 smiling.  I am going to do a separate post with all of the outtakes from this photo session!

DSCN2632

Olivia, me and Chelsea

Michael gives me a hard time because I always want to take “posed” pictures with my family.  Am I the only one that likes to do this??

DSCN2633

Olivia, me, Chelsea and Peyton

DSCN2636

+ Rich & Michael

DSCN2637

The madness of trying to get a picture with all 4 kids continued as we tried to get them to pose with Sis Sis. As you can tell, Selah was not interested!

DSCN2644

But what she was interested in was George’s training potty. Go figure!

After we left my family, we went to visit our dear friends, Chad and Lenora, and their children.  Unfortunately, I didn’t take ONE picture with them.  I was so disappointed when I realized I didn’t take any, but we don’t need picture evidence to know that we had a great time with them, as always!!

DSCN2646

We went to church Sunday morning to hear Chad preach, then headed home.  As you can tell, the girls were WORN out from their busy weekend!  After we got home and ate lunch, we all slept for almost 3 hours. Myla slept almost 4 hours!!  We went to eat Subway for supper, then headed back home to basically go back to bed!

DSCN2648

After we gave the girls a bath, I put aloe on Myla because she got a little blistered on Saturday.  I ended up putting some on Michael’s back, and Selah decided she needed to help me!

DSCN2656

After Selah went to bed, we let Myla try on her wedding dress.  She was IN LOVE and twirled and danced!

DSCN2660

As I said, twirling and…

DSCN2663

…twirling!

No comments: