Monday, May 23, 2011

R&R…

This past weekend, Michael and I got away for the weekend to just relax and do nothing!  We had been talking about doing this for months, but we just never put the plans in action.  Finally, on Mother’s Day, we set a date and booked a hotel.  We just went to Germantown, so not very far, but I told him I didn’t mind if we went and stayed in a hotel in Oxford, I just wanted to get away and not have to take care of anyone for a few days!  We had a great time just getting to visit, eat meals leisurely, sleep in, be lazy and shop.  We have agreed that we will do this every six months if at all possible!  I am so thankful for my husband.  I am a very blessed woman!

DSCN1848

I took my camera, but I’m not sure why because we only took this one picture (with the help of the self timer)!  On Sunday morning, we went to church at Germantown Baptist since it was right across the street from our hotel, and it was the warmest and friendliest church.   If you live in that area, I would highly recommend it.

Just a little unsolicited advice….I would highly recommend finding time to get away with your spouse.  In the everyday grind of work, parenting, etc., sometimes it is easy to lose perspective and begin to become disgruntled.  At least it is sometimes this way with me, and I know this weekend was a great help!  Also, a huge thanks to my in-laws and my parents for keeping the girls!

No comments: