Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother’s Day…

I was so excited to celebrate Mother’s Day this year with my sweet family!  My morning started out with sweet homemade cards from the girls and the sweetest note from my husband, who is always building me up as a mother.  I am so thankful for him, and he helps me so much in this journey of parenthood.  He always makes me feel so special on Mother’s Day!

DSCN1694

Me and the two girls that made me a mother.  I am so thankful for these precious girls.  At times my heart feels so ungrateful with the amount of complaining I do, but they love me anyway.  I never want to take for granted the blessings that God has entrusted to me in these girls.  It is an awesome and overwhelming responsibility for which I am grateful.  I long for my third baby on this day.  I look so forward to the day that he or she will be here to celebrate Mother’s Day with me.  And, I am very thankful for his or her birthmother that will make such a huge sacrifice.

DSCN1698

After church, we went to Batesville to my parent’s house to celebrate with our moms.  Myla was so excited to be with both of her grandmothers, of course!

DSCN1702

This was the best we could do with both girls!!  HA!

DSCN1703

Me and my mom.  I am SO thankful for my mom!  I tell her all the time that words could not express my thankfulness for her.  I wrote her a note for today, and I told her that you don’t realize how much your mom loves you and sacrifices for you until you become a mom yourself.  I know, without a doubt, that I could call her at any time, with any request and she would do everything in her power to help me.  I love you, Mom!

DSCN1704

Peyton, Mom and Me

DSCN1705

Peyton and Mom

DSCN1706

Sis Sis and Mom

DSCN1707

Peyton, Sis Sis and me

DSCN1708

Sis Sis and Myla – I thought they color-coordinated very well!  Both of their favorite colors are pink!

DSCN1709

Mrs. Sandy and Michael

DSCN1712

Me and Mrs. Sandy.  I am SO thankful for Mrs. Sandy in my life.  I cannot tell you the encouragement and love she has given to me through the years.  I tell her all the time how thankful I am for her since you hear so many nightmare stories about mothers-in-law.  I certainly don’t have that problem.  She is wonderful!!!

DSCN1710

Me and Myla

DSCN1711

Me and Selah

Happy Mother’s Day to all of you moms out there!!!  May God bless you as mother the future generations!!

No comments: