Friday, May 13, 2011

A Day of Lasts…

Wednesday was a day of lasts for Myla before the summer break.  First, it was the last day of Mother’s Morning Out.  Myla LOVES going to “school” on Mondays and Wednesdays, and she is going to miss it so much over the summer, but she is going to go back to First Baptist next year 3 days a week.  A new change for next fall is that I am going to work at the Mother’s Morning Out program teaching the younger ones, so Selah will be going next year as well.  I think it is going to be fun for us all!  But, back to Wednesday….

DSCN1717

Last day in the drop off line!  She likes to get out of her seat once we are in line, get in the front seat, roll the window down and wave to all of her friends.  Do you see the line of cars behind me in the rearview mirror???  I’m NOT going to miss waiting in that line!  HA!

DSCN1721

They had an end of the year party in the gym, and of course, both girls had funny eating and running around like wild people with all of the other kids!

DSCN1724

Selah found some food to munch on while she walked ran around.

DSCN1726

She pretty much played with this basketball the whole time we were there!  Will she be my basketball player??

DSCN1727

Sweet girls!  Myla wanted to make sure that Selah was going to be at her party!

DSCN1728

Myla absolutely adores her teachers.  Here she is with Mrs. Kate…

DSCN1729

…and Mrs. Tammy.  She will have both of them again next year, which I am so excited about!

DSCN1735

Check out Selah’s defense!!  Going in for the steal!

DSCN1748

Me and my girls

DSCN1755

Although last week was her last night of a regular Cubbies meeting, Wednesday night they had their awards ceremony, so this was the official last night, I suppose.  Myla is with Mrs. Katrina (or “Patrina”) as Myla calls her and Katy Margaret, Mrs. Katrina’s daughter.  There were Myla’s teachers, and I appreciate their faithfulness to be there each week to help these children learn the Word of God.

DSCN1760

Myla was excited to go up on stage to get her little cubby bear to go on her vest.  She told me that “she wasn’t even scared to go on the stage”!  Too funny!

DSCN1759

All of the Cubbies on stage. They are so precious!

DSCN1765

I can’t even tell you how excited she was to get this little bear!

It’s crazy to think how quickly time is going by.  Right now it is the end of Mother’s Morning Out and Cubbies, but I know I will blink and it will be high school graduations and college.  I can’t even think about it!!!!!

1 comment:

Alison said...

Cute pics!!! We had our last day of preschool today...so excited for summer!!! :)