Thursday, June 16, 2011

Vacation—Part 4…

-For our last full day in the mountains, we went to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park and did a little “hiking”.  Not really, just leisurely walked down one of the trails and took some pictures.  The kids loved it and it really was beautiful!

DSCN2326

Being the true “tourists” that we are, we got our picture in front of the sign.  All of these pictures are from my mom’s camera because my battery died this particular day.  I did reload the batteries, but I was so scared that Selah was going to fall down the side of the trail into the water, I carried her and didn’t have many opportunities to snap pictures! I’m not sure why we are all glowing like ghosts in the above picture!

100_5390

The kid tourists!!

100_5392

The grandparents and grandbabies

100_5394

Henry on the trail.  Of course, Myla had to warm up to the nature trail and didn’t want to pose in front of the water.

100_5396

Henry, Bodie and Myla (clinging to Bodie like a monkey!)

100_5397

Mimi, Bodie and the big kids

100_5401

I’m glad my mom took this picture because this is one of the things that Myla won at the arcade with her 1000 tickets.  Did I mention that she just wanted candy when we went to pick out her prizes????  Considering most of the candy was 5 tickets, I knew we were going to have to get a “big ticket” item.  Well, she finally decided on this stuffed frog, and she carried it around the whole next day! She also got PLENTY of candy and other knickknacks.

100_5403

Myla and Mimi

100_5404

Myla and me

100_5407

All of the “grands” again.

100_5412

Selah enjoyed her nature walk…a little too much.  She creeped over to the edge several times!

100_5423

Bodie and the big kids put their feet in the cold mountain stream!

100_5424

Henry being silly in the water

100_5428

On Friday night Mom and Frank went out to eat by themselves.  On Tuesday, June 7th, they celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary.  I guess they had someone take this picture for them at the restaurant.

100_5432

When they got back to the condo, they loaded the big kids up at about 10 o’clock and took them for ice cream!  Gotta love vacation!!!

1 comment:

xeeuu6791 said...

all of these pics are wonderful! i'm so glad to have them and read the details of the trip! It is easy to see that Henry had a great time! thanks for sharing!