Friday, June 4, 2010

3 Months

Selah turned 3 months old today! She is just growing so fast, but I am thankful! I love this baby, but I am not crazy about the "baby stage". For me, the older, the better!!
Anywho...she is doing great!
Selah, this month you got to do lots of new things. You went on your first road trip to Arkansas, and you did a great job traveling. In fact, you slept until 8 o'clock in the morning for the first time. Now, you are pretty much consistently sleeping from 10 pm to 8 am each morning. I usually have to put your pacifier in several times before then, but you will go back to sleep. I am so thankful for this!
You are eating 5 - 4 oz bottles a day. This is a great improvement from last month because you would only take 2 to 3 ounces at a time, and you had me stressed out!! I am so thankful that you are eating better.
You are still smiling a lot, and you have learned to blow "raspberries" with your lips, which is pretty funny. You move ALL the time. You are literally never still unless you are swaddled and asleep. It is exactly how you were in the womb...moving non-stop!
As evidenced by the picutre above and every picture below, you love to put your hands in your mouth. I think you are looking for your thumb, but you haven't quite mastered it yet. Maybe your big sister can teach you since she still sucks hers!
Speaking of your big sister, she loves to hold you everyday. She wakes up in the mornings and asks where you are. You are starting to really notice her and smile at her often.
You still pretty much go with the flow, which is good. You went to the pool twice this past week and stayed in your car seat the whole time. You were pretty content, which I was shocked at and thankful for at the same time. I know the older you get, the less and less you will like that old car seat!
You also started going to the church nursery this month after you got your shots. As far as I know, you do great in there or at least they don't tell me any different! The first morning you stayed I went to pick you up and you were the only baby in there. The two ladies keeping you had you in a bouncy seat, and they were just standing there staring at you as you smiled at them. It was so sweet!
I am so thankful for you, sweet Selah! You make me smile each day! I love your big, blue eyes and the little blonde fuzz that is appearing more and more each day upon your head. I think you are going to be the spitting image of your sister, which is fine with me because I think she is pretty darn cute! I can't believe 3 months is gone...I can't wait to see what this next month brings!

No comments: