Tuesday, July 15, 2008

You be the Judge....

Do you think Myla likes her milk in a sippy cup after her nap?
Well, the answer is...she is adjusting! Yesterday after her one year checkup, I just decided to go whole hog and let go of two bottles (after morning and afternoon naps) and just give her a sippy cup. She is a lazy bottle holder...translation, she won't hold it by herself. She does good holding a sippy cup, but she is just not used to holding it right after her nap. She is used to getting that bottle. Well, she did pretty good yesterday. She just drank her milk throughout the day, not necessarily all at one time. Today when I gave the cup to her after her afternoon nap, she had a meltdown! She would just scream and throw her cup down. She got down out of my lap and just stood at the couch staring at the cup crying. Then she wanted back in my lap and after about 10 minutes, she relented and took the cup and started drinking. She would drink for a few minutes, then take the cup down and cry and go back to drinking. She eventually finished it and then she was a happy camper again! It is just funny how the small things throw them off! Maybe the adjustment period will just keep getting better!

You mean I have to hold this cup myself? Can't you just do it for me?
Seriously, don't I look pitiful enough for you to give in to me?
I'm contemplating!
Success!!
All better now!

4 comments:

The Vaughns said...

We're about to go through the same! Like Myla, Jackson doesn't like to hold his bottle and so far isn't too thrilled about milk in a sippy cup. You've given me motivation though and to not give in! We'll give you a call next time we're in Oxford; the trip wasn't really planned and didn't want to disturb you while you were getting ready for Myla's party.

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

she will survive! Good job Myla and Mommy! I know it was tough on both of you!!!

Amanda said...

I wish you would start taking pictures of your child. She is not going to have any pictures to show your future grandchildren. I know you're busy, but jeez, get out the camera every once in awhile!!!

Matt Calvert Family said...

Anna Lauren refused to drink milk out of sippy cup for months...however, we can get her to drink a sip or two here and there out of a "straw" sippy cup. Thank goodness for cheese and yogurt because that is how we get our milk. Don't worry...Myla will be fine!