Sunday, July 13, 2008

Myla's Birthday Party!

Yesterday we celebrated Myla's first birthday with a party at our house. We had 28 friends and family here for bar-b-q. It was a lot of fun and also a little overwhelming! Our house is a little small, but we managed, and I hope everyone had a great time. As much as I love to take pictures of my little one, I am sad to say that I didn't take nearly the pictures that I should have! I was a little distracted trying to get everything done, so I am a little sad that the day wasn't better documented. But, I guess you live and learn! I had in my mind that Myla would LOVE digging into her cupcake, but she didn't care much about it. Things started going downhill for her a little bit into the party. Of all days, she didn't take a good morning nap, so needless to say, she got tired quickly. I think she was probably wondering what had happened to her quiet house with just her and mommy. On the all and all she did pretty well considering. We put her down around 2:00 when most everyone had gone, and she slept until 4:30!
I can't believe her first birthday has come and gone, but like I said before...time passes so quickly. I am so thankful for this little girl and can't wait to celebrate many more birthdays as the years pass!

I was really excited about how her signature picture frame turned out. It is now in her room so we can remember the day!

Amanda and Brandon were able to stop by for a few minutes while they were in town from Birmingham. We were so excited to see them!

Myla was already sucking her thumb and had the pink dog in hand early in the party! Bad sign!

Haley and Myla

Things are going downhill fast!

Opening gifts...Henry was a great help!
Just to give you an idea of how crowded the house was! It was crazy!
Myla LOVES her Wal-Mart cart that Granddaddy and Sae Sae gave her. I bet she made the circle in our house no less than 25 times last night!

Poor child...hardly got presents! Just kidding! Thanks to everyone for your generosity!
I set all the presents up when Myla was napping. This is after she had taken her bottle. She was checking everything out. I don't think she knew where to start!
She was playing with her walking and talking dog last night before she went to bed. She was dragging it around, but it was so cute.
Reading her new books before bed last night.



3 comments:

Loustalot said...

Happy Birthday to MYLA!! Yall look so happy and I know the time flies by!! My sis's little girl turns 1 today! kim

Davidson Family said...

Olivia got that exact Wal-Mart cart for her first b-day and she still plays with it!! It is a hot item when friends are over :-)! She is a firecracker...just wait until Myla really starts talking. Girls are SASSY!! As for who she looks like...some say me, but most say Neil.

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

So much fun!!! I think you got great documentation, thanks for letting us be a part!