Saturday, November 15, 2008

Toddler Time at the Library...

Yesterday me and Myla along with Katie, Grace, Robbie, Robin, Phillip, Ellyn, Amy, Taylor and Hayden went to toddler time at the library. Yes...we had a crew! Robin heard about it and suggested we go. It was pretty entertaining, but Myla wouldn't sit still for anything. I was obviously not surprised by this, but I did feel sorry for the other kids and parents who are obviously there every week considering they knew all the songs, hand motions, etc. Myla walked around almost the whole time and tried to pull the books off the shelves, climb on the bench, say "Hi" to everyone, etc. They probably hope we (me and Myla) don't come back! No, she really wasn't that bad, but I was worn out after it was over! The lady that does the story time read a book and sang songs, then they put on a puppet show. Myla was quite fascinated with the puppet show, and it was pretty much the only time she was still...well, kind of still.
Myla and Grace obviously paying close attention to the story being read!
Myla did join in on the hand motions for "If You're Happy and You Know It".
Myla and Grace watching the puppet show. I think Grace was a little confused of where to look!
Every time the puppets would disappear, Myla would look at me like she was wondering where they went!
She was worn out by the time we got home.

1 comment:

The Family Bond said...

I remember our first experience at the library for the same event. I had 2 that walked around. 1 went one way while the other went another way. One found a crayon and marked on the wall while I was herding the other one. They were about 18M old, still a little young to sit for reading. We went back when they were about 2 1/2...much better experience.