Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Random Ramblings....

I feel as if we have had nothing going on lately to blog about, but I don't want to use that as an excuse to not blog. I don't know about you, but I am so excited to be entering this time of year. I love November and December. I love the holidays so much! I enjoy the cooler weather. I love walking through the stores hearing Christmas music and looking at all the decor. I love drinking hot chocolate and driving around looking at Christmas lights on houses. I love family dinners and visiting with those that we don't see often enough. I love Thanksgiving and realizing everything that I have to be thankful for. I love Christmas morning...I still get that excited feeling that I got as a kid running into the den to see what Santa had left the night before. I love putting up my Christmas tree and remembering the special thing about each ornament that goes on my tree....those that we recieved when we married, those that come from places we have visited, the ones that mark the first Christmas that our sweet Myla was with us. It is just a wonderful time of year. I feel sad when it all passes and we have to wait a whole year for it to come again.
I hope that as we approach the holidays that we will all remember what all we have to be thankful for, and I hope we all remember the real reason that we celebrate both upcoming holidays. Thanksgiving is a time to remember how far our country has come. I am thankful for those early pioneers that had the courage to come here, to America, and start a new country full of freedoms that we still have today. I am also reminded how thankful I am for the numerous wasy that God has blessed me and my family. And Christmas...celebrating the birth of our Saviour, Jesus Christ. I cannot begin to tell you the peace that comes in knowing that Christ died for me, and I have a place in heaven to spend eternity because God cared enough to send His only Son to live on this earth and die so that I could be with Him.
Okay, so kind of a long, boring post, but all these things have been running through my mind this morning, and I just wanted to share them. I am almost tempted to run and get all my Christmas stuff out and decorate, but I guess I will wait a few more days to do that!
Also, Happy Veterans Day! Thank you to all of those who have sacrificed their very lives to give me freedom. I am forever grateful to you and your families!

No comments: