Thursday, June 5, 2008

Yes, I am still alive!!

WOW! I can't believe how long it has been since I updated this thing! We have been really busy this week...but more on that later!
New things with Myla...She absolutely LOVES to be outside! I have to say that I love it too because she is perfectly content when we are out there, so I slather her up with sunscreen and out we go for the afternoon! Sae Sae gave Myla an inflatable swimming pool for Easter, and she loves being in it. She doesn't necessarily like the cold water when she first gets in, but after I dump her bath toys in there, she forgets the temperature of the water and proceeds to have deep conversations with her toys.
Speaking of deep conversations...I believe we have a talker on our hands. Myla "talks" nonstop. It is her own language for sure! She can mimic some words, but her new favorite word is "Hey!" I will leave the room, and, of course, she follows me as quickly as her hands and knees will bring her. As soon as she sees me, she says, "Hey!" with a big smile on her face like we haven't seen each other all day. It is the cutest thing!!!


Another new thing....Myla LOVES spaghetti. Michael and I had it for dinner one night, and I thought I would give her a bite. She cried when I quit feeding it to her. Now she has it often, and she never refuses it! She is eating better, and she is now pretty much on all table food. She is getting to be such a big girl! Here is a face only a mother could love.......covered in spaghetti!


Myla has always loved her books, but she now realizes what they are for....to read! She loves to sit and "read" her books. She opens it up, jabbers to the pages, then turns the page and keeps jabbering! She will do this for very long periods of time, and she is so content. I know her Mimi will be proud that she has inherited her love for reading! Let's hope this continues the older she gets. Oskie joins her sometimes too. As you know, the two love each other! She still says "Okkie" all the time! Sweetest thing!




The main thing we have been doing this week is Vacation Bible School at our church. I have been helping with the 3 & 4 year olds, which has been a lot of fun, but Myla on the other hand has not had much fun at all. DO NOT LET THE PICTURE BELOW FOOL YOU! The workers must have taken this first thing in the morning on Tuesday, because shortly after, she screamed for over an hour. I have to reluctantly say that it was my fault because I forgot the ever important pink dog (her sleep lovey) that she MUST have to sleep. I cannot believe I forgot the stinking thing...you think I would have learned my lesson by now. I figured she would have a hard time sleeping at VBS because of all the action that would be going on around her, but without the pink dog, she wouldn't even try! My sweet friend Natalie kept her yesterday while I went and today I took a hiatus from VBS to stay home with my little schedule baby that doesn't like to be away from home!!! I am a little anal about her schedule, but it makes my life easier. Okay, enough about that! She is going to go with me tomorrow because the ladies are upset that she hasn't been in a few days, so I figure she will survive!! She has done fine today at home!
Almost forgot to mention, we have a tooth...FINALLY! That sucker finally popped through!!! You can kind of see it in this picture. It looks so funny! I don't see any signs of any others following close behind, but we will just be patient!


Well, that is our last few days in review, and, again, please forgive me for being such a bad blogger!!!!!!

1 comment:

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

YEA FOR THE UPDATE!!! Though I had NO idea any of this was going on :) Just kidding, I still love to read about it! I am so thankful to have y'all so close, I hope all of our children, assuming either of us have any more, will get to be together!