Thursday, June 19, 2008

For Goodness SNAKE!

Let me begin this post by establishing that I am PETRIFIED of snakes. So, as you can imagine when I came home yesterday to discover a 5 to 6 foot long black snake on my patio, I about DIED! Seriously, I cannot believe I didn't faint. I came in from running errands and heard the dogs going crazy in the back. This in and of itself is not unusual for Oskie, but Tanner rarely barks, and he was about to have a coniption! I opened the door thinking nothing of it, and see this nasty creature curled up with it's head off the ground looking at the dogs. It was about 6 feet away from the backdoor...thank goodness it was night right by the door!!! The dogs had it cornered, so I guess it was trying to protect itself. I then proceeded to about have a panic attack. My neighbor, came home about the time this was happening, and saw me in my front yard on the phone about hysterical with poor Michael. She came over to comfort me, but not before I came back in the house and watched that stupid snake slither all up on our patio furniture and off into the yard. YUK!!! I was terrified, and I think Susan was quite concerned about me. I would have taken a picture of the creature, but my memory card was in my purse in my car because I had just gotten some pictures printed off at Wal-Mart. I'm kind of glad that I don't have a picture now because I can't get the real picture out of my head, and I don't care to look at it over and over. I really don't know why God created snakes!
Okay, I know that nobody probably wanted to know that, but it has definitely been the most exciting thing that has happened around here this week. We have not seen the snake since then, and we will hopefully never see it again!

No comments: