Thursday, October 27, 2011

Welcome Fall!

Fall is here and it has brought a flurry of activities with it!  It also seems to have brought a blogging slump!  I’m going to do my best to get caught up with this LONG post!!

Ole Miss Football Game

Weekend before last, Bodie and my brother, Peyton, took Myla and Henry to an Ole Miss game.  Myla was so excited to get to go with Bodie, Pey Pey and Henry.  She had a great time and made it until eight minutes left in the game!

DSCN3584

Frank said about two minutes into the game, she started asking when they were going to leave.  Ha!  He entertained her with his phone and lots of concessions!  He sent me a text saying, “She and Henry are eating everything in the stadium!” 

Joshua’s Birthday Party at Fiddlin’ Rooster Farm

Last Friday night we got to celebrate Myla’s friend, Joshua’s, 5th birthday at Fiddlin’ Rooster Farm. I have heard so much about this place, but this was our first time to go!  It is the cutest little “farm” in Water Valley that has a ton of fun activities for kids.  Myla had a blast!

DSCN3545

Here she is riding the cow “train”.  It’s a bunch of barrels painted as cows that are connected together and pulled by a Gator.  I really wasn’t sure if she would do it, but she loved it!

DSCN3551

She also loved pumping water into these pipes to race rubber ducks.  She wanted to do this for the longest time!

DSCN3564

I think her favorite thing, though, was the big slide that came out of the top of the barn.  It went really FAST, and she came down it probably 20 times!  All of the kids loved it, and I think they would have done this all night!

DSCN3565

Joshua…the birthday boy!

DSCN3578

Pharis, Myla, Elizabeth & Sarah on the hay ride on the way to the corn maze.

DSCN3579

Myla and Jack about to go in the corn maze.  Jack was so funny!  He wasn’t too sure about the maze.  He held on tight to my hand the whole time! 

DSCN3580

The Busby clan…Caroline, Hattie and Jack

DSCN3582

Myla and me on our way back to the barn for supper!

School Day Pictures

This past Monday, we had pictures made at MMO.  I tried to snap a few before we left, and let me just say…I hope the real photographer had better luck than I did with these two!

DSCN3587

Selah smiliing…Myla not so much

DSCN3589

Myla smiling….Selah smiling, but not looking at the camera

DSCN3592

Focused on Barney!

Princesses and Pirates

On Tuesday night, Chick-Fil-A hosted “Princesses and Pirates”.  All children that were dressed up received a free kid’s meal.  We picked Daddy up after work and headed there for supper!

DSCN3593

Daddy and Selah…AKA Minnie Mouse!

DSCN3599

Myla as Tinkerbell!

DSCN3597

Selah spent the majority of the meal like this….  Her eyes were glued to the big cow!  She didn’t want it coming close to us!

DSCN3603

Minnie Mouse having fun on the playground!

DSCN3604

Myla was so excited to get to see Grace before we left!

Pumpkin Patch

Last night before church I took the girls to the pumpkin patch at the Episcopal Church.  We almost waited too late to go this year!  There were not many pumpkins left at all, but I knew I wanted to at least get a few pictures since I have pictures of Myla in it every year of her life, and I want to do the same for Selah!  I can’t believe how much she has grown!

DSCN3632

My BIG girl in front of the sign

DSCN3641

I tried my BEST to get a decent picture of the two of them!  Will the day ever come????

DSCN3646

Sweet sisters in the hay!

DSCN3648

I can’t believe how big she is getting!

DSCN3650

Myla showing off her little pumpkin

DSCN3656

Sweet little spider!

DSCN3661

We wandered back to the hay to try again for a “group” picture…no luck!!!

DSCN3665

The ladies that were working gave the girls some stickers before we left which quenched any chance of getting them to look at the camera from that point on!!

Happy Fall Y’all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: