Monday, August 8, 2011

It’s Not Everyday….

DSCN3134

…that you get a letter from the US Department of Homeland Security, but I was so excited when I saw this envelope last Thursday in our mailbox!! Almost five weeks to the day that we mailed our I600A Application, this notice came that we have our biometric fingerprints appointments on Aug. 22nd!!  This is our last big step to complete our dossier.  After we have had our fingerprints done, we will again wait for another envelope from the Dept. of Homeland Security that will have our “Letter of Favorable Determination” in it!  This will be our final piece of paperwork.  Yay!!  At that time, we will have to take all of our papers to the MS Secretary of State to be State Certified, then we will be able to send it all to our agency and get on that wait list.  I keep telling people that we will start “officially” waiting at that point!  We are slowly but surely getting closer and closer!  We can’t wait to bring our baby HOME!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Yay!!! So excited! Let me know when you'll be in town! :)

Meaghan said...

Awesome! I love hearing your updates, and seeing what's coming up for us!