Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

I just had to take a moment and thank all of our military men and women on this Memorial Day. As I walked into church this morning, not "just a church", but an air conditioned, well lit, comfortable, safe, beautiful house of the Lord, I was quickly reminded that there are millions of people out there that have to worship in quiet, dark, dangerous, underground churches because they don't have the same freedom that I do. The reason I can go to church safely and comfortably is in no small part due to those that have fought and died for my freedom.
Praise the Lord for our Armed Forces.
May we never forget the ultimate price they have paid.
I am so overwhelmed every time I hear the songs from each military branch and I watch men and women, full of PRIDE, rise to their feet with tears in their eyes. I can hardly contain my own tears from overflowing and this morning I couldn't...they were freely falling. When I hear Taps played on the trumpet, goose bumps cover me as I think of those families that have heard that very song as they have laid their loved ones to rest. No matter how you feel about war, the bottom line is that the people out there fighting and their families need our support. I don't want to ever take for granted what those people have done for me.
I THANK GOD FOR MY FREEDOM
MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA!

1 comment:

Matt Calvert Family said...

Mer...

Did you get my e-mail about painting? I'm dying to know if you are interested.