Saturday, April 25, 2009

Double Decker 10K...

Well, I survived the 10K!!!!
I failed to mention my time for the race. It was not great, but I want to post it so I will remember....1:08.43
I am so excited that I did it, but at the same time, I am very glad that it is over! It really wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Now, don't get me wrong, I was dying (as you will see in the pictures), but it felt good at the same time if that makes sense. I don't think I want to do races much longer than a 10K in the future, but I think I will definitely do a 10K again. Michael and Myla ran around to catch me at several places along the course! It was so good to see them!
Here is the first time Michael saw me. Evidently he didn't have time to zoom in (probably because of my sheer spead...yeah right!), but if you look closely I am directly under the stop light in a pink tank top and black capris.
See I told you I looked like I was dying! This is probably about mile 3 1/2.
Waving to Myla. I don't think she could figure out why I kept passing and not stopping! Believe me, baby girl, I was wanting to stop!
The final stretch...only about .2 miles to go. I was seriously just about to stop when I heard Mrs. Sandy say, "Go, Meredith!!!". I didn't know they were going to be where they were, but they were at exactly the right place for me! Needless to say, I didn't stop and finished strong thanks to their support right there at the end!
After it was over....notice Myla's shirt...Run Mommy Run. She looked so cute! Thanks, Tamah! The shirt was a hit!
Brodie, Anna, Me & Michael
Anna is one of Michael's co-workers
Sae Sae, Myla and Granddaddy
Thanks for coming!!!
Daddy and Myla
Myla enjoying her "post race" snack!
Me and Susan
Susan, Ethan and Me
Our little one we could get!
After the race we ran into Mark, Katie, Grace & Robbie. Of course, Myla was thrilled to see them. Here is Grace and Myla looking through a cut out of the popular double decker bus.
We headed back to our church because they had bounce houses for the kids. Myla loved the bounce house and stayed in there for probably 20 to 30 minutes! Looking in it looked like a serious injury about to happen with all the kids jumping around!


Matt and Mandi said...

Way to go, Mer!

I'm so very proud of you!

Amanda said...

YAY Meredith!!! That is awesome! Congratulations.