Saturday, September 6, 2008

Yard Sale Crazies!!!!

As I mentioned a few posts ago, I love a bargain. Well, I also LOVE to shop yard sales. Thankfully, my two crazy friends, Susan and Robin do too, so this morning we headed out at 6:00 a.m. sharp. Oxford is a great place to shop yard sales for kids because there are so many young families.
We all had a quite successful trip, and we were all very excited. I think we all got the things we were specifically looking for, so things couldn't have been better.
Here is some documentation of our trip...

This is actually after we got home, but this was the group that went. Yes, we did take the babies! They were angels too...seriously, couldn't have been better!
6:00 a.m. - Ready for departure. Don't they look thrilled!
Baby Einstein DVD- check
Backyardigan DVD- check
Milk/Juice - check
Snacks - check
pink dog- check (although I did leave it at one sale and had to go back and retrieve it!)

Myla zoned in to Baby Einstein. I thought I was going to have to wake her up a little before 6:00, but when I went in there she was already awake. She must have heard us say that we were going yard sale shopping, so she was ready!

We all know how much Myla loves jewelry, so we picked her up two bags of mardi gras beads and bracelets for a whopping $.50, and of course, she had all of them on within a few minutes. I love the look on Haley's face, she is like, "Seriously, Myla is a real jewelry hog. Couldn't she just spare one piece?"
"Thanks, Mom, I hardly have any jewelry at home to play with!"
Home again, home again. Haley had already given up the ghost. Myla wasn't far behind!
Sweet Haley..she was such a trooper.
Philip enjoying his mom's find. He also got a bike!

Myla couldn't take a nap until she analyzed all of the yard sale finds. I went looking for a distressed window pane...having mirrors in it alreadywas a PLUS, and it was a deal for $10! All of the toys, I paid $5 (total) for and the shelving unit was $10!! I was looking for it too because I rearranged the living room and needed it for Myla's toys desperately. I also got this cute green wooden cross that has beads on it. You can't really see it, but Myla is looking at it. I hung it above my sink (like you wanted to know that!).
Myla loved all the new toys she got. She was already trying them out.
Destructive little gal.
This kid CANNOT get enough of her jewelry!
This is Myla's new designated spot in the den. Her toys were strewn out everywhere, and I wanted to have them somewhat organized. I will take a picture of the rest of the den so you can see what I did to it, but I want to get everything like I want it first!



1 comment:

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

SOOO much fun! Glad we did it, can't wait till our next "Treasure Hunt!!!"