Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter!!!

Oh my goodness, I seriously cannot remember a better Easter holiday than this years!  Yesterday we went to Batesville to spend the day with Michael’s family.  Mary Jennifer, Spencer and “Baby” Luke (as my girls call him) came from Jackson too!  We spent the day visiting, hunting eggs, taking naps and eating!!  I am so blessed to have my in-laws.  They are seriously like parents to me.  Considering Michael and I have been together now for almost 17 years, I guess they could claim me as a daughter!  HA!! 

DSCN5529

Myla and Selah are always thrilled to be with Sae Sae and Granddaddy (or Big Daddy Joe) as Selah calls him. It’s hysterical!!

DSCN5530

They don’t mind Mommy being around either, but I’m pretty much chopped liver when the grandparents are around!  But, isn’t that the way it should be??

DSCN5533

Selah and Rosco struck up their old friendship and played together throughout the day!

DSCN5535

We were so excited to see Luke.  He has gotten SO big since Christmas.  I could eat his big, fat thighs up!  You can see how thrilled he was with Myla holding him.

DSCN5542

Sae Sae and Granddaddy with their growing brood!  Sae Sae can’t wait to have more little ones running around!!!

DSCN5544

Granddaddy was kind enough to hide eggs for the girls after we had a very delicious lunch!  Selah is figuring the egg hunting thing out for sure!

DSCN5548

Myla LOVED it!

DSCN5549

“I think I see another one!!”

DSCN5553

They had to check out what was in their eggs!

DSCN5554

I lost count of how many pieces of candy Selah ate.  Oh my…I’m surprised she wasn’t sick!

DSCN5561

Selah and Granddaddy supervising Myla’s hunt!

DSCN5566

Selah wanted to hold Luke too, but Luke wasn’t having it!! Of course, Selah’s “hold” is more of a choke hold!

DSCN5570

I love to do Easter baskets for the girls, much to Daddy’s dismay!  Michael isn’t crazy about the Easter Bunny and Santa, but he lets me do it anyway! 

DSCN5571

There’s just something about seeing their faces when they wake up in the mornings!

DSCN5573

Myla was covering her eyes while she walked in.

DSCN5575

Checking it all out!

DSCN5577

Selah was still half asleep.  She had JUST woken up.  HA!  I’m not sure she knew what to think.

DSCN5579

She loved her Elmo eggs

DSCN5583

Myla was so excited that Selah got some flip flops!

DSCN5585

She, of course, wanted to put them on immediately.  Thank goodness she let me put her white sandals for church!

DSCN5586

We had to take some pictures are we got all dressed up!  I love these girls and that man!  I’m so blessed!

DSCN5588

Me and my girls.  I have to tell you about their dresses, just because I love a good bargain.  Selah’s is a hand-me-down from Myla.  She wore it in Mary Jennifer’s wedding when she was the flower girl.  I got it for $6 at a consignment sale.  Last fall my mom and I went to another consignment sale, and we found the same dress in Myla’s size.  I think it might have been $20.  Either way, I was so excited when I found it, and I knew their Easter dresses were taken care of!!

DSCN5590

Mimi and Bodie came to church then came over for lunch!  The girls love it when they are here!

DSCN5591

Sis Sis was here too!

DSCN5594

And so was Pey Pey.  These girls LOVE their Pey Pey!!

DSCN5596

Our newest family picture!  I’m really getting excited that we can get pictures without tears now!

DSCN5597

Little Angels.  HA!

DSCN5602

Myla was super excited that Mimi and Bodie brought her Tangled.  Can you tell she was excited?  We’ve watched it 3 times today!

DSCN5603

Peyton, Mom and Me – And let me just mention…I am so sad about how I look in these pictures.  Last year I lost 30 pounds, and I have gained it ALL back.  Looking at these pictures was a wake up call to get back at it and get this weight off.  Starting tomorrow I am doing PRISM again, like I did last year.  Maybe this will hold me accountable.  Feel free to ask me about it…I need the accountability!

DSCN5606

Peyton, Sis Sis and me

DSCN5608

Me and my wonderful husband!! 

As I said earlier, this Easter has been so wonderful.  The music and message this morning at church were unbelievable.  I am so thankful to serve a RISEN Savior!  I am also so thankful to have such a wonderful family.  I find it so comforting to have everyone here and all be together.  Sae Sae and Granddaddy came for lunch too, but unfortunately I didn’t get any pictures of them today!  I hope you and your family experienced a great Easter holiday too!

No comments: