Friday, September 16, 2011

School Days…

I’m a little late with this post, but better late than never, right??  Wednesday before last, the girls and I started Mother’s Morning Out at our church.  Myla calls it “school”, and she LOVES going!  Selah has done pretty well so far.  As long as she doesn’t see me, she is fine.  It’s like when she sees me, she thinks, “Wait, I’m supposed to be with her!” and she gets upset.  But as soon as I’m out of sight, her teachers say that she calms down.

DSCN3301

Myla was fired up and ready to go on the first morning!  I think she wore her backpack around for a good twenty minutes before we left.  I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  I’m not used to having to get up and out of the house that early.  Kudos to all of you working moms! 

DSCN3306

Selah wasn’t much in the picture mood, but at least I caught one little smile behind her pacifier.  She is seriously attached to her pacis.  To sleep, she has to have one in her mouth and one in each hand.  I’m not looking forward to the day we have to take those away.  Oh, and that flower in her hand is supposed to be in her hair, but there is NO CHANCE of it staying in…sister’s not having it!

DSCN3308

Myla is in a class with 3 & 4 year olds.  She is the oldest on in her class, and some of the other kids seem like babies compared to her, but she still loves going.  The teachers kid me that Myla is just their 4th teacher, not really a student.  Hopefully she is a big helper and doesn’t drive them crazy!

DSCN3309

Selah is in the older 1’s class.  I haven’t heard any reports so far of her hitting her friends, so that makes me happy!  When I peek in her room every now and then, so is playing and looks to be having a good time!  She is worn out by the time we leave!!

I am teaching the younger 1’s, and it has been quite a challenge so far, but I know it will be better!  The first day, seven out of our ten screamed bloody murder cried the ENTIRE three hours they were there.  It was insane!  Even after just two times of coming, they are already getting better, thank goodness!!

No comments: