Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Bunny, Egg Hunt & Yard Work…

We have had a busy day around here today!  I am worn out, but I wanted to do this post because hopefully we will have lots of pictures to post tomorrow on Easter!  This morning we went to Chick-Fil-A to have our picture made with the Easter bunny.  Well, actually Michael dropped us off and went to Home Depot to get some landscaping stuff, but more on that later!

DSCN1379

This is the FIRST time that Myla has ever gotten even close to a “costumed character”.  I was so proud of her!! It was actually her idea to go and have her picture made with him!  We were having lunch there last week, and a worker put a poster up in the playground and told the kids that the Easter bunny was going to be at Chick-Fil-A, and after that she has kept telling me that she wanted to go.  Myla did GREAT, but Selah wasn’t much on being passed off to the costumed bunny.  I really wasn’t shocked because if I am holding her, she doesn’t want to be passed off to anybody really, much less a strange bunny.  SO, I just got in the picture with them!  I hate that Myla’s eyes are half shut!  Oh, well, pictures like that never really turn out that great!

***On a side note, when I see pictures of me and my girls, I just have to laugh.  They look like they don’t even belong to me!!  Could we look ANY different??***

DSCN1315

Selah was thrilled after the picture was taken to get a balloon!  She started eyeing them as soon as we walked through the doors! 

DSCN1327

She was also really glad to get on the playground.  Can you tell that the slide is her favorite thing?

DSCN1329

Sweet big sister loved playing too while we waited on Daddy.

DSCN1326

Of course, one balloon was not enough for Selah, so Myla let her have hers!

DSCN1332

After Chick-Fil-A we went to the local sports complex for a city-wide egg hunt.  Myla had been excited about this, but needless to say, when it came time to hunt, she had a BREAKDOWN! 

DSCN1333

All smiles before the hunt

DSCN1335

Myla’s friends, Caroline and Jack, were there too!

DSCN1336

Daddy and Selah tried to waste time!  They had a small petting zoo, and Michael said she loved the goats!  He said she laughed and laughed when they licked her hands.  She LOVES animals!  Oskie is no doubt her favorite “person” around here!

DSCN1340

Okay, so they did a big countdown to start the hunt…3…2…1, and Myla made it about 10 feet from me and turned around with the unsure look on her face.

DSCN1341

I thought she was going to go on and get some eggs, but…

DSCN1342

She didn’t!  She completely LOST it and screamed at the tops of her lungs!  She said she was upset because I couldn’t go with her.

DSCN1343

Sweet Caroline came back and got her, but of course, by the time this all expired, all of the eggs had been swooped up by other eager children!

DSCN1345

Jack and Caroline were SO sweet!  They each gave Myla some of their eggs out of their baskets.  I am so thankful for all of Myla’s sweet, little friends!

DSCN1351

After we got home, we started working in the yard.  The girls played for awhile and then ate lunch.  After lunch, we put their bathing suits on and let them play in the water hose.  It was a BIG hit!!  Myla is ready to do it again soon!

DSCN1355

Selah adores this baby doll stroller and will push it up and down the sidewalk and driveway over and over!

DSCN1356

Daddy working HARD digging up a new flower bed!

DSCN1361

Two peas in a pod.  I’m so glad they are finally getting to an age where they can play together.  We are still not completely “there”, but they really do enjoy being together (most times)!

DSCN1363

After the girls got MUCH NEEDED baths, Selah went to bed and Myla helped me set the tables for lunch tomorrow. We are having my parents and grandmother and Michael’s parents.  Myla LOVED help setting the tables.  She even made Selah a special placemat!

DSCN1365

My little helper!  She thought she was so big!

DSCN1366

I had to post a picture of our new flower bed!  We had been wanting to do this for a long time, and we finally decided to do it today.  It was some HARD work, but I am so excited with how it turned out.  I can’t wait for everything to grow and get more full.

DSCN1374

Our humble abode!

I hope all of you have a wonderful Easter day tomorrow.  May we be ever mindful of the significance of this day in our faith.  I love Christmas…celebrating the birth of the baby Jesus, but Easter makes me want to shout for JOY!  We serve a RISEN Savior!  A mighty and victorious LORD!  Hallelujah!!

No comments: