Monday, March 14, 2011

Selah’s First Birthday Party….

On Saturday we celebrated Selah’s first birthday!!  I still CANNOT believe she is already a year old.  Time has flown by since she was born!!  We were supposed to do a joint party with my friend, Katie’s, little boy, Charlie, but Katie came down with a nasty stomach virus, so we ended up doing a party for Selah at our house with our family.  My parents, Michael’s parents and my grandmother, Sis Sis, came.  It was great fun and SO laid back.  I’m thinking these type of parties are the way to go…just family, low-key, no stress and enjoyable!!  I’m already talking to Myla about doing the same for her party this summer.  So far, she is in agreement!! 

DSCN0333

The birthday girl having a “pre-party” snack.  She was in a pretty good mood yesterday, thankfully!  If she’s not in a good mood, you better watch out!

DSCN0339

Myla was beside herself to have Sae Sae & Granddaddy AND Mimi & Bodie AND Sis Sis here all at the same time!!

DSCN0335

She was ready to celebrate!! She was so sweet, and she kept telling Selah, “It’s your birthday party, Selah…YAY!!”

DSCN0349

I had this cute birthday hat for Selah to wear, but you can tell what she thought about it by the look on her face!

DSCN0351

Sweet girl having fun at her party!  She loved having the attention on her, I believe!

DSCN0353

Pretty girl!

DSCN0371

Myla put on several “shows” on her stage while all of her grandparents were here.

DSCN0380

For lunch, we had bbq sandwiches and chips…did I mention this party was EASY!  Selah pretty much enjoyed a lunch of cheese balls, which I am pretty sure would now qualify as her favorite food!

DSCN0382

Bodie, Myla and Sis Sis enjoying their lunches!

DSCN0385

“Forget the bbq, Mom!  These cheese puffs are the way to go!!”

DSCN0390

Selah with both of her grandmothers!  It is so wonderful to have our parents close to us so they can be here to celebrate with us at times like this!

DSCN0396

The birthday cake!!  It was SO cute!  It smelled delicious, but since I’m on my weight loss program, I didn’t have any!! 

DSCN0397

Selah’s “smash” cake!

Singing “Happy Birthday”!!!

DSCN0401

I think it would be an understatement to say that she enjoyed her cake.  She LOVED it!! 

DSCN0404

Digging in for more…

DSCN0408

She couldn’t get enough!

Can you tell she LOVED it!!  I love how she gets tickled at herself while she is eating it!

DSCN0415

I think this smile tells you what she thought about it!!

DSCN0421

“Cheese puffs AND my OWN cake???  This is the life!!! I need to turn “1” more often!”

DSCN0423

After lunch and cake, we opened presents.  Selah was interested at first, but she let Myla help her out!

DSCN0424

Trying her best to get the ribbon off of one of her gifts.

DSCN0430

Quite possibly my favorite picture of the day!  Love the pointed toe!!

DSCN0431

Myla finished opening up the gifts!

DSCN0439

This past week Selah started walking!!  She is not walking primarily, but she is taking lots and lots of steps everyday.  She is so funny to watch because she is so wobbly, but she is improving each day!

DSCN0441

One thing about Selah is that she never stops!  Here she is crawling over my legs to get where she wants to go!

DSCN0442

I love those big, blue eyes!

DSCN0444

Myla getting some love from Mimi.

DSCN0445

And Selah getting some love from Daddy!

DSCN0450

Bodie, Selah and Mimi…it was getting close to naptime, so don’t mind the pacifier!

DSCN0451

Sae Sae, Selah and Granddaddy

DSCN0454

Sis Sis took Selah’s paci away, so you can tell things are going downhill!!

DSCN0456

Mommy and Daddy with their birthday girl!

DSCN0458

Our little family of four!!

DSCN0460

Myla and two of her favorite people!

DSCN0461

After Selah went down for a nap, Myla put on another show by singing songs and dancing!  She had a captivated audience!!  She would “invite” people into her show, and she told them they had to have a ticket.  HA!

DSCN0465

Our little performer!

DSCN0471

After Selah got up from her nap, Michael was eating an apple.  Well, Selah LOVES to eat on an apple, so she was trying her best to get some off of that core! 

DSCN0474

After all of the cheese puffs and cake she had eaten, having a little apple was probably a good idea!

DSCN0477

Getting as much as she can!!

DSCN0480

I tried to get a picture of the girls before bed, but as you can see, that is nearly impossible these days with Selah always on the move!

DSCN0481

Oh well, surely one day, I’ll be able to get a decent picture with the two of them together!

Wow..sorry for the awfully long post!!!  I just wanted Selah to have her day documented!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I wish we could have been there. Looks like ya'll had tons of fun. We are coming down next week! I hope we get to see you! Love you.
Maggie

The Vaughns said...

Just think how fast time will pass when you have 3 little girls! Love the cakes!