Thursday, February 24, 2011

Overwhelmed…

Yesterday was a very overwhelming day for me, but overwhelming in a good way!!  A few weeks ago I was trying to think of ideas for something for volunteers at our yard sale to wear.  I thought about t-shirts, but I didn’t know if I wanted to incur the expense that would come with that.  I was sharing this with Mrs. Janet Simpson, a lady in my church, and she had the idea to get aprons.  I thought it was a great idea, so I got on ebay and found some for super cheap.  She said that she would make them cute, and she enlisted the help of two other ladies to help her sew!  Well, last night, they gave them to me a church, and they are SO cute.  They worked and made 25 of these in 1 day!!  And, every apron is different and unique.  I just love them, and I love their hearts for being willing to help!  Now, all of our volunteers will have something to wear and something to take home as a token of our appreciation!  (Men that are helping, don’t feel obligated to wear one!!! Ha!)

DSCN0115

Here I am with the sweet ladies that worked so hard!  Are the aprons not ADORABLE!!  As they were giving me the aprons, Mrs. Janet mentioned that mine was different.  Before she pulled it out, she said, “We made yours different.  We wanted it to be special, and we wanted you to know that this whole process is not about us, and it is not even about you, Michael and your family, but is it about CHRIST! That is why yours have a cross on the top.”  Of course, I just started crying because it was such a reminder that it is about HIM. All of this is about HIM and our obedience.  Can I just tell you that I was overwhelmed and thankful!

DSCN0114

Ben, the guy taking our picture thought it would be funny to get a shot when none of us were ready.  I thought it was pretty funny!

Another reason I was overwhelmed yesterday was because when I went to our mailbox, there were 3 cards with checks for donations for our adoption.  Completely unexpected….all on the same day.  I just cried as I opened them and read the cards.  The sweet words were such an encouragement to me…more than the ones that sent them will ever know.  GOD IS SO GOOD. He is our Jehovah Jirah.  He will provide, and He is faithful!

1 comment:

Alison said...

YAY!!! I love the aprons! And I love hearing how God is providing for ya'll!!!