Monday, September 7, 2009

Tupelo Marathon...

"Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead"
This was the motto for the Tupelo Marathon....little harsh? I thought so too! Nonetheless, Michael and Clarke ran and finished the race yesterday morning, and I was so proud of both of them! It truly boggles my mind everytime I go to a marathon and watch what people put their bodies through to run that distance. 26.2 miles....in case you were wondering!
Getting ready to start....probably about 4:30 a.m. The race started at 5!
"Warming up...."
This was the first time I saw them....about mile 12.5.
Coming back after turning around...about mile 14.
Clarke fueling up on Gatorlites!
This picture is for Clarke. He gave Michael a hard time about how much Flexall he used! He was reapplying here!
"On the road again......
just can't wait to get back on the road again..."
Finish Line
Michael rounding the corner for the home stretch!
3rd marathon completed! He came in 4th in his age group!
Clarke finishing his 2nd marathon
Clarke and Michael at the finish line.
They actually both felt really good after the race was over.
Thought the motto for the race was interesting....check out the shirts!
I know Michael and Clarke can't wait to wear theirs!

1 comment:

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

I am so proud to know Michael and proud of this accomplishment. I couldn't do it and am glad I know someone who can :) Way to go!