Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Update on the Sicklies...

****Update****
Well, we are home from the doctor and we have good news and bad news. The good news is that her ears have improved since Monday, but the bad news is that she has a viral infection in her throat. Dr. Molly said this is probably why she doesn't feel great overall. I can sympathize because my throat has been so sore too! She also recommened that we go ahead and schedule tubes, so we will be doing that soon. Just wanted to give everyone an update!
Well, I was hoping that Myla and I would both wake up feeling much better today, but unfortunately, that is only true for me. I went to the doctor yesterday. Diagnosis....bad upper respiratory infection, which I pretty much knew. But I got a Decadron shot, a Z-Pack and some prescription cough medicine (thank the Lord!!!). I fell SO MUCH better!

Myla on the other hand is still puny and pitiful. She woke up this morning burning up...101.8 fever. She also has an upset stomach, which I am sure is caused from the anitibotic that she is supposed to take with food, but she won't eat anything! I called the doctor, and we are going back today for her to get a shot and get her ears looked at again. It is just breaking my heart seeing her this way...so lethargic, whiny, crying, no appetite, etc. She is back asleep already after sleeping 12 hours last night. I will update after the doctor, but for now....

P.S. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers for Mr. Joe. He is doing well and on his way to recovery. He actually has an appointment today with the cardiac surgeon. Thanks again for praying!

2 comments:

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

that pitiful little face of hers makes me want to cry! Feel better soon! We love you!

The Vaughns said...

poor thing, hope she feels better soon