Thursday, October 2, 2008

First Visit to the Dentist...

This morning Myla had her first dental appointment! It actually was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Don't get me wrong, we had our fair share of tears shed, but the visit was quick and easy. I had a concern about a tooth that I thought was coming in behind her top front teeth, but Dr. Perkins told us that her bottom tooth is hitting the roof of her mouth and causing a callous to form, and that is what we are seeing. He did clean her teeth and put flouride on them, and we will go back in six months. I hope Myla doesn't have to spend the amount of time in the dentist chair that I have spent in my life! If that is the case, we better go ahead and add "dental fund" to the budget because we are in trouble!!

They had so many cute toys in the waiting room. I thought the "Doodle Pro" was a good way to document the day.


All smiles in the waiting room!
Fun with the bead machine!
Myla and Dr. Perkins.
You can see how red-faced she was! She did like the toothbrush that he gave her, though, and she chewed on it for a long time after we left his office!


2 comments:

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

Poor thing! Glad it's not another tooth in the wrong place :)

The Vaughns said...

The "dental fund" scares me! We're headed to Oxford this weekend--Jackson's first game weekend!