Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our Week So Far....

Well, our Monday morning started out when Myla woke up with her eye very pink and crusty (I know...sorry for the gross descriptive term). Anyway, I was sure she had the pink eye, so I called the pediatrician's office, and they told me to bring her in. Well, much to my surprise, it was not pink eye...she had a double ear infection! Bless her heart! They said that they probably have been infected for awhile, therefore, the infection can move to the eye to let you know that something is wrong. She has not shown any symptoms of having an ear infection! I hope we don't battle ear infections this winter like we did last winter. If we do, I am afraid we will have to get tubes.
Poor baby with the red eye!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today we went to the doctor (again) for Myla's 15 month check up...yes, 15 months! I cannot believe it! She looks great according to Dr. Molly. She weighed 23 lbs and was 32 inches long. Again, "tall and skinny". Maybe she will keep that physique her whole life and not have to worry about her weight!!
Playing in the waiting room. Believe me when I say this smile did not persist throughout the entire visit. Myla hates to be "messed with" for a lack of better words. She did not want to be weighed, measured, pressed on, ears looked at, heart listened to, etc. You would have thought something really bad was going on!
"Hmmm, wonder what this is?"

I love watching her figure out all the toys! She loves to explore.
Playing with the sand table.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When we got home, we played outside for awhile. She loved looking at the dogs through the fence and playing in the leaves.
"Hey, Mom, did you know that I can see Oskie through this tiny crack in the fence?"
Running in the leaves!
Sweet, sweet smile!
"Mommy, quit throwing those leaves at me, please!"

"What, you want me to throw them now?"
"Hey, I think I figured out what Oskie and Tanner do during the day when we are not here!"
Apparently, they try to escape! Here is Tanner doing his best to get out of the hole that he has started to dig.
Oskie gave it a try too, but didn't make it quite as far!
"Have you and Daddy checked this gutters lately?"

This is Myla's primary running stance. She loves to put her arms behind her when she runs. It looks like she is about to take flight.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We went to eat lunch with Mrs. Susan, Mrs. Roby, and baby Ellyn, and after we ate, we went to pick up Phillip from Big Momma's. On the way home, Myla was quite touchy, feely with Phillip. I am going to have to keep a close eye on that girl. I didn't have to worry today, though, because Phillip wasn't the least bit interested in Myla touching him. He was defending himself!
"Hey, Phillip, wanna hold my hand?"
"Come on, I am not going to bite!" Doesn't Phillip look thrilled!
"Don't make me take that seatbelt off and come over there!"
"Okay, I give up. I'll just suck my thumb too!"




2 comments:

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

Such great pictures!!! A very eventuful day!

Angela said...

Bless her heart - a double ear infection! Those pictures of her are priceless...I'm going to add her to the list of girls Cousar and Barrett can marry one day!