Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Our Sweet Little Man…

I have to be honest…many of my thoughts are taken up each day with my son.  I will think of him and pray that God brings him to us SOON!  I wonder…what is he like?  Is he a happy baby?  Does he sleep well?  What are his favorite things to play with?  Is he eating baby food?  It is such a strange feeling as a Mommy to have a child on the other side of the world, but know so little about him.  I am SO thankful that he is being taken care of.  In fact, he is probably getting quite spoiled because he has a nanny that gives him lots of attention.  That makes me SO happy and thankful because I know there are many children in his situation that are not properly care for, and it breaks my heart.

I have so many people ask me where we are in the process.  All of our paperwork, which has been translated into Chinese, is in the court system in Taiwan.  We are waiting on a court date, which could come anytime between now and the next 8 weeks, if I understand correctly.  Of course, we are hoping it comes sooner!  There is a process of papers, or decrees, that are issued from the court subsequent to your court dates, but do be honest, I don’t know every detail of that.  We’ve been told that you “typically” travel around 3 months after your first court date.  I am hoping and praying that he will be home in April or before. 

The wait has been HARD.  We have been waiting now, in total, for about two years (we began our paperwork in Jan. 2011)…including our time in the Ethiopia program.  I am ready to have him home.  I am ready for him to meet his big sisters, who ask every day, “Is today the day we get Ramsey?” (Especially Selah!)  It’s like she misses him and wants him home so badly too!  I am ready for him to know that he has so many family members and friends that love him and have been praying for him.  I am ready for him to just be in our regular routine of life as our son/brother.  I am READY! 

Our agency is so good about getting us pictures!  I have so many pictures of him that I will treasure forever…even one from the day he was born!  He is growing, and I can’t believe how much he has changed in the past couple of months.  I pull them up on my phone many times a day to just look at him or show him off to someone!  I can’t post a full size picture until we go get him, but I can give you a glimpse…

IMG_20130104_125217 - Copy

Can you tell form his eyes that he has a mouth-wide-open full grin!  It is the sweetest picture!  I cannot tell y’all how handsome he is!  OH.MY.HEART!  I cannot wait to get my hands on him!

God has been SO good to us through this process, and the things I have learned have truly changed me.  I am so thankful!

1 comment:

Meaghan said...

Praying that Ramsey is home SOON! And praying for your heart as you wait!