Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Ten on Tuesday…

1.  I’m still looking to sell my dining room table.  If you know anyone who may be interested, send them my way!

DSCN5401

2.  There are so many things I want to do to the house right now, but it’s just hard to decide what to do first and what we have enough money to do! They are just little things, but I them in my head that I want to do. 

3.  Remember my frames from last week…well, I finished them!  I really like the way they turned out! I’m thinking about possibly starting to sell via them via the blog and facebook to see how they do.  Maybe it would be a good fundraiser for the adoption considering we have a LOOOOONG way to go in that department! It was hard to get a good picture of them hanging up since my dining room table is in the way for me to stand directly in front of them and there is a bad glare, but you can still get the general idea.

DSCN6947

DSCN6874

DSCN6875

DSCN6876

4.  Selah is ALL ABOUT her sister right now.  It is the sweetest thing.  She always asks, “Where is my sister?” or “I want my sister.”, etc.  If she wakes up before Myla (which is very rare…Selah is my late, late sleeper), then she wants to go wake her up.  Last week after we went to the movies, we went to eat lunch with some friends, and Myla rode in the car with her friends.  The entire way there to meet them, which was about 5 minutes, Selah was constantly saying, “I want my sister.  I don’t want her in that other car!”  She has even come up with her own nickname for her, “Sisterelli”.  Michael has been calling Myla ,“Mylarelli” (from the movie, Cinderella) for a long time, so I guess Selah just adapted her own version of the word!

5.  Getting a good picture of the girls together used to SO hard, but now it has become quite easy, thank goodness!

DSCN6861

6.  We went to the pool this morning, and Selah has a newfound bravery there.  All summer she has been perfectly content to sit and play on the steps, but today she told me that she wanted to jump to me.  One jump turned into 15+, then she told me she didn’t want me to catch her.  She had on floaties, but she has never wanted to be in the water, even with me holding her.  Then, she wanted to slide down the slide over and over.  And again, after she had gone down the slide a couple of times, she asked me to not catch her. She did great, and I was so proud of her!

7.  The girls MOST FAVORITE thing to play is “going shopping”!  It is literally what they do all day!

DSCN6949

8.  I love trying things I find on Pinterest.  If I did everything I have posted, I would never have time or money to do everything else. But, occasionally I come across something that I already have all the supplies to make.  Several weeks ago, Myla helped me cover some old coffee cans with twine.  They make great little pen/pencil containers and the other one holds our loose change.  Myla LOVED helping.  I let her slather on as much Mod Podge as she wanted, and she was as happy as she could be!

DSCN6950

9.  We’re such nerds, but we really like to look at books at Goodwill.  Last Saturday night we headed to Goodwill to check out the book selection, and we walked away with 15 books!!  I meant to take a picture before I put them all up, but I forgot.  We got several classics for the girls to have as they grow.  Someone told me that there is a Goodwill bookstore in Tupelo.  I hope we can go soon, but I’m afraid I would never get Michael out of there. He LOVES books!!

10.  I enjoyed the rain so much last week. I know each day was kind of dreary, but we needed it so badly, and it made for some good nap-taking afternoons!!  I was glad to see the sunshine today though because the girls have been wanting to go swimming!!

 

Happy Tuesday!!!

No comments: