Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Scratched Cornea....


Yep, that's right...that is what our little Mylarelli has...a scratched cornea. It has been a crazy afternoon to say the least. I was helping with a baby shower at church when Michael called to ask me how much longer I would be. This is very uncommon because Michael never, ever calls me unless something is wrong. He said that Myla was acting weird and for me to get home as soon as I could. Well, evidently she crawled up under the ottoman, and when she was under there she started screaming. Well, Michael said that she settled down when he held her and then he put her down for a nap. When she woke up, she started screaming and wouldn't stop. Michael also notice that she wouldn't open her left eye and it was red and swollen. After I got home and saw her, I knew something was wrong. She was screaming and couldn't be consoled, which is so unlike her. We pretty much knew that it was something with her eye, so we called my Uncle Doc, who is an optometrist. We decided to go to Tupelo so he could look at her. On the way to Tupelo, we really got worried because Myla was acting so funny. She would be screaming and then in the next breath, she would be dead asleep. It was VERY SCARY! Michael and I really began to get concerned and hoped that it was nothing bad. After my uncle checked her out, which was quite a scene (3 of us holding her down...she is one strong cookie!!), he discovered an abrasion on the cornea. Bless her sweet, little heart! I felt so bad for her...so helpless. It really did a number on me and Michael, and we are so thankful that this was the diagnosis and not something much worse! I am so thankful for a healthy little girl. Please pray that she would heal quickly! Uncle Doc said children heal so fast...thank goodness! We have to put ointment in her eyes 4 times a day...Lord help us! I also want to thank Uncle Doc SO, SO, SO much! What a blessing to have doctors in the family!!!!!!!
The picture up top was after we got home tonight. She pepped up a little bit since she slept the whole way home. Bless her heart, you can tell her eye is swollen and her hair is a mess...evidence of all the sweating and thrashing she did all afternoon!

3 comments:

Susan and Ethan Peterson said...

Glad she is doing better today...poor baby! Tell her she can come have as many cookies as she wants until she feels better :)

The Family Bond said...

I think the eye is one of the fastest healing parts of the body. I got battery acid in my eye when we were at MC...long story random story, but it healed very quick. Praying she heals quickly and her pain will become less.

White Family said...

My poor sweet Myla! I am so glad that she is OK. I will call you tomorrow!! We love and miss you all!!